7~ Act one

We started shooting my first movie today. I've never wanted to die as much as I want to right now.

I think I'd gotten used to only going on talk shows and random commercials and shit. But this is so much worse.

It's been a few days since Deep found the case of Translucent's remains. Homelander is obviously stressed, trying to find who did it.

Which really doesn't help that he's in my "origin" movie. They have me growing up in Egypt. I've never even been out of the United States in my life. But I guess people eat that shit up, so that's what they're going with. Apparently I'm a thief slash mercenary. Homelander 'saves' me from living like that my whole life. I don't even want to get into the rest of the movie. I can barely stand to read my script.

Homelander has made it very clear he doesn't want to be in a movie with me either. He's still pretty pissed at me for yelling at him. I think I'm just lucky he hasn't tried to laser me yet.

I've been trying to think back to my missions in the past. Trying to remember if I've ever left any loose ends. I can't think of anything, I'm not one to leave evidence. Also if it was a witness, they probably would've just come forward since the people I talk to are usually pretty famous. Then again, they might be too scared. And now that I'm on TV and billboards all around the world... they might have recognized me.

I curse myself, rubbing my temples with my fingers. I'm sitting in my trailer at the movie set. I have a 20 minute break and I'm trying to make the most of it- By sitting on my couch and eating chips.

Obviously I'm getting no where trying to remember all the things Vought has made me do. There's just too much.

My headaches haven't gone away. Sure they've lessened, but they're still persistent. No amount of ibuprofen is helping.

Speaking of which, I decide to swallow one before having to go back out there.

I jump as I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in!"

The door opens and all I see is red, white and blue.

I sigh, standing up and walking over to the door. "What's up?" I ask.

"You," he says, raising his eyebrows and stepping past me into the trailer.

I roll my eyes at the door, sighing under my breath.

"I heard that," he says matter of factly.

I shut the door, "What do you want?"

"I have a lead," he says, turning to me.

I raise my eyebrows, motioning for him to go on.

"Our little friend that A Train was talking about? Hubert or whatever?"

I nod, remembering the name A Train had given us. Hughie.

"His girlfriend was killed by A Train being a fuckass. So, it makes sense he'd want revenge on A Train, right?" Homelander starts pacing in front of me, my eyes follow him, watching his cape swish behind him. He looks up at me, wanting a reply.

I look up from his cape, nodding.

"So why," He starts, "Would he put our names on the box? Why not A Train's?"

"Maybe there's others? Maybe we did something to one of them? Translucent said it was a group."

Homelander sighs, looking at the ground and shaking his head. "Tell me, Scarlet. Have you ever killed someone?"

I furrow my brows, "What?"

"You heard me," he cocks his head, taking a step closer.

I don't know how to answer, what does he want me to say?