48.

•°•

•°•

She drove silently looking around in suspicion around the tunnel as the gladers pointed their flashlight around the place, she scrunched her nose in disgust and slowed the car down to see if there was any crank but for now nothing was seen, “just take it nice and slow.” Said Newt from beside her, “woah, woah.” He urged gesturing her to stop, she did as soon as he spoke, a crank stood not far from them twitching and growling. “It’s okay, it’s just one.” Said Thomas from behind while placing his hand on her shoulder with a nod, “one can turn into thousands, Tommy.” She replied in worry.

“It’s okay, take it slow and go around. We’ll be fine.” He said, she tilted her head breathing in and out, “Take it slow.” She muttered under her breath, turning to look at Frypan who was slightly panicking and biting lip, a sudden yelp left Frypan who turned to stare at the woman pressing against the window staring dead at him, everyone jolted from their seats and Asterin was quick to grab her gun.

“The devil is a lie!”

A woman was staring deep into her soul as she muttered "help me...please!" She started shaking an another bang was on the other window startling everyone this one wasn't a human one talking but the one who would do anything to eat.

"Your mom is a hoe bitch- OH SHIT!" She exclaimed once a crank banged on her window, "HOLD ON!" she yelled slamming her foot against the pedal driving so fast while trying not to bump into a car, "COME ON ASTERIN SHAKE EM'!" Exclaimed Thomas at the girl in panic, the crank slammed it's fist against the window breaking it.

"THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING THOMAS?!" She yelled back at the boy's stupid words, the crank slid off the front and started banging on her window as everyone was screaming around, noticing a spike coming from a truck she drove towards it.

The spike stabbing straight into the monster taking it off, "Okay-" she sighed in panic, "ASTERIN WATCH OUT!" Yelled Thomas pointing at what seemed to be a hige box rolling towards them but there was no place for her to drive away, everything happened in a blink of an eye.

The car flipped and Asterin was groaning in pain, the others were coughing heavily and kicking each door, Newt kicked the door open rolling to the floor while coughing heavily, he grabbed his arm in pain and turned to look at Thomas who was staring in worry.

"Newt, you good?"

He nodded gesturing Thomas to help Frypan who seemed to have trouble getting out, the screeching of the cranks snapped them out of thoughts as Newt turned to grab his gun from his belt but it was nowhere to be seen, "Oh shit!" He exclaimed.

"ASTERIN, HURRY!"

"CAN Y'ALL SHUT THE FUCK UP I'M TRYING-" she yelled at them to shut up having a very trouble time to get out, once she did she handed Frypan her gun, a gunshot echoed around the tunnel as the crank fell dead.

"Nice shot, Fry." The trio said watching as more cranks popped out from god knows where and started chasing them, the group started running while panting heavily, Asterin was in the front with the rest behind, she suddenly stopped pointing her flashlight at the other cranks in front of them blocking a way out.

They were surrounded.

Taking a gun from her belt she started shooting the cranks from left to right, her back pressed against her brothers as the siblings shooted the monsters, "I'M OUT!" exclaimed Frypan, just as he said that, the sudden sound of a car behind startled the trio.

It was Jorge and Brenda.

"Hey get in!" Said Brenda shooting the cranks with narrowed eyes, the group climbed the car and Brenda handed Asterin a gun, both the girls shooting while the rest yelled at Jorge to drive away (poor him).

The cranks ran after the car and Asterin kept shooting the cranks blocking their way, soon sitting down in tiredness beside her brother, her head was spinning so bad after the car flipped but she kept it hidden but not anymore.

The light blinded her as she placed her head on her brother's chest, "My head hurts.." she groaned in pain feeling Frypan brush her hair to ease the pain down and calm her also down. "Hey guys..." called Frypan tapping Thomas shoulder. "Asterin is in pain can she lean on you, where i am it has the sunlight and she needs to rest, her head hurts?"

Thomas nodded as his hand slid away from Newt's as he gestured for Frypan to place the girl between them, with her head on Newt's lap and her legs on his laps so she can rest peacefully and properly. "I'm impressed, you guys almost lasted a whole day." Spoke Jorge with a small smile.

Brenda turned to look at Asterin who had one eye open and stared back at the girl shaking her head in disbelief, "what?" She asked the short haired girl who was eyeing her, Asterin scoffed, "I'm sorry, I didn't want to bring y'all into this." Brenda rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Ay, I think what she's trynna say is thanks for saving us." Bumped Frypan looking at Brenda who smiled at him brightly, once his eyes met hers he could feel his stomach full of butterflies and his cheeks flaming hot as he looked away shyly.

"Your welcome."

Asterin noticed their shaped heart eyes as they stared at each other for a while until she turned back around also smiling quietly to herself, Frypan was adorable and she absolutely loved him with all her heart but was afraid, that when his sister finds out she will get so angry.

And Brenda didn't want to lose her girl best friend.

"HOLD THE FUCK UP- FRY, YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU LIKED BRENDA-" she jolted awake accidentally bumping her head against the seat making her fall on Newt's lao groaning in pain as she rubbed her head, "jesus fuck- ow!" She cried pinching Newt's stomach who was laughing.

Thomas stared at the boy lovingly, god his laugh warmed his heart and made him forget every damn problem. The way he rubbed her forehead to ease the pain like a big brother made him fall in love more than he already is.

"You alright, love?" asked Newt the girl who bursts into laughter as soon as she hear Jorge also laughing so hard, "yeah, I'm alright Newt.." she said between laughters, her hand on top of Newt as she got up fron his lap.

"Sorry Newt.." she apologized rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly, "for what?" He asked the girl with narrowed eyes, "your lap must be numb-" she was cut off by Newt rolling his eyes at her panicking for such a ridiculous thing. "Shut up, it's not numb at all you can rest again if you want."

She thanked him and turned to look at Thomas hoping he wasn't jealous or mad but he wasn't at all, instead he just smiled at her softly whispering in her ear, "Thank you, for making him smile." In which she only wiggled her eyebrows teasingly in response.

"Oh~ you're so in love, huh Tommy?" She chuckled along with her brother, both of them noticing their staring and blushing whenever their together ever since they were in the glade.

It's funny how the others knew that they were deeply in love instead of Thomas and Newt, well the second in command knew but Thomas being a dumbass wasn't sure of his feelings even if it is clear.