Chapter 3

Natalie decided that if she was going to be in the city for a while, she might as well get some food to fuel her up. After Noah had left, Natalie had gone through some emails, then decided to make her way to the grocery store.

She entered the grocery store, skipped a cart and grabbed a basket. She only needed a few things.

Natalie walked down to the cereal aisle and grabbed herself a box of plain Cheerios. Her favorite. Putting the Cheerios in her basket, she went to the chip aisle and got some tortilla chips.

Her phone buzzed and she pulled it out of her purse. "Rae? What's up?"

"If you want to stay at Grandma Jo's house while you're in Colorado Springs, she would be happy to host you. I just thought of that."

Grandma Jo was Raelyn's grandmother's best friend who lived in Colorado Springs and had hosted many of Natalie and Raelyn's sleepovers when they were kids. Natalie smiled, "That would be great, thank you."

"Of course. Where are you? It's really loud."

"Grocery store. I needed Cheerios."

Raelyn laughed, "Of course you did. Well, I better go. Damon wants to go swimming."

Natalie smiled, "Have fun."

"Bye!"

Click.

Natalie looked at her tortilla chips after putting her phone back in her purse. "Guacamole sounds good right about now."

She made her way to the fruits and vegetables. Her family had a great guacamole recipe and she always made her guac from scratch.

Natalie was close to the avocados and saw that there were only two left. Perfect, the exact amount she needed for her guacamole.

She reached for the avocados at the same time someone else did. Her hand hit theirs and she jerked her head up. She met solid brown eyes, honey brown hair, and lots of muscles.

Her stomach dropped.

Noah Garrison.

~~~~~

Noah came face to face with a breathtaking woman. He couldn't exactly tell if her hair was brown or red. He was pretty sure it was red because it looked like more auburn than brown. It was long and curly down her back. She had freckles that dotted her face. Her eyes were a sparkling green. She had on jean shorts and a striped green and white t-shirt tucked into the front of her whitewashed shorts. 

She was gorgeous.

She also looked very surprised. Almost scared? Noah backed his hand away. "Sorry. You take them." 

The woman shook her head, "No, no. You."

Noah cocked his head slightly. She started to look really familiar. The voice was familiar. "Do I know you?"

Her eyes widened. She even took a step back. Was he scaring her? "I don't think so..."

It clicked. "Yes, I do. You were at Raelyn and Damon's double wedding with Kinsley and Reed Fellers." If he was right, yay, if not, he had thoroughly embarrassed himself.

The woman gave a weak smile, "Yeah, I was at that wedding."

Noah couldn't remember her name. He decided to formally introduce himself. "I'm Noah Garrison." He stuck his hand out for her to shake.

She took it but dropped her hand quickly. He barely had time to notice how small and cold her hand felt in his. "Natalie Thomas. I was Raelyn's maid of honor."