06

A week after Yoshi's birthday party, Jaehyuk noticed that something's weird. He hardly saw Asahi around him.

He glanced at Asahi who's sitting beside him in the class, waiting for their turn to present their project. Jaehyuk noticed that other than in the classroom, or when he actually need to meet Asahi for any reason, it's quite hard to see him.

It felt like Asahi is avoiding him. But whenever he met him, Asahi just act as usual. He make Jaehyuk confused.

"Next team, Hamada Asahi and Yoon Jaehyuk," Professor Kwon said. Jaehyuk and Asahi walked in front and started to present their project.

After another half an hour of watching their classmates' presentation, the class dismissed. Jaehyuk wanted to say something to Asahi but as soon as he turned at Asahi's place, he's not there anymore.

Jaehyuk saw Asahi walked fast exiting the lecture hall.

"Isn't Asahi like avoiding you or something?" Jihoon asked.

"How can I know?" Jaehyuk stated.

"Did anything happened between you two? Did you scold him or anything?" Jihoon asked.

"Why should I?" Jaehyuk asked him back. "Maybe he just don't want to see my face looking clearly disliking him or something,"

"Yah. Please change, Yoon Jaehyuk. You're not kid anymore," Jihoon said.

"What?"

"Stop your 'disliking Asahi' agenda. You know yourself it doesn't worth your time at all. And you've grown up already," Jihoon said.

"I know," Jaehyuk sighed.

"Try to actually look at Asahi. Who know that you guys can actually get along," Jihoon said. "If you don't like him because he's not showing any expression, don't you think you disliking him might be one of the reason why he didn't express himself well?"

"Why me?" Jaehyuk asked.

"Asahi is a human with brain, eyes and emotion. He know how you act around him. He know that you dislike him. And he probably trying not to make you dislike him even more. To the point, he not sure how to express himself," Jihoon said. "Plus, you're the person that's the most easy for him to reach out for since the day he transferred here,"

Jaehyuk scratched the back of his head. Asahi's words last week came back to his mind. That he wanted to be his friend.

Asahi really mean it? Did his action really shaped how Asahi acted now?

"I don't know, Jihoon-ah," Jaehyuk said.

"No. You actually know it too well. But you just want to keep holding onto your childhood ego whatsoever," Jihoon said.

°

"Jeonghan hyung!" Jaehyuk shouted happily as he saw Jeonghan on the screen, video calling him.

"Hey my fav boy," Jeonghan said while smiling brightly.

"I didn't expect that you'll call," Jaehyuk said.

"Ah. I have a good news for your. I'm not sure if I should tell you this or not. But they'll announce it in like 30 minutes from now," Jeonghan said.

Jaehyuk didn't get what his cousin is talking about just waited for him to continue.

"Congratulation for winning the Grand Prize!" Jeonghan said.

"Eh?" Jaehyuk still quite confused.

"The Summer Fever Art Competition. Have you heard about it?" Jeonghan asked.

"Oh. I've participated in that competition-" Jaehyuk just realized about what Jeonghan is talking about. "What?!"

"Yeah. You won the Grand Prize," Jeonghan said.

"How did you know?" Jaehyuk asked.

"My friend, Ming Hao is one of the judges for that competition. He told me about your art. And that you won the Grand Prize for that competition," Jeonghan said.

"Really?!" Jaehyuk asked excitedly. But his smile dropped as he recalled about something. "What about Asahi?"

"Asahi?" Jeonghan asked. "Ah! Hamada Asahi, your friend, right? Ming Hao mentioned his name as well. That he didn't participate in this competition this time,"

"What?!" Jaehyuk can't believe what he just heard. Asahi didn't participate in this competition?

But Jaehyuk really sure that Asahi will join because he saw his art piece with the theme of this year's Summer Fever Art Competition back then when he had a dinner at Asahi's house.

And that art piece is almost finished. He can just submitted that art piece or something. But why?

"You sure he's not participating?" Jaehyuk asked.

"Yeah. Ming Hao quite adore Asahi's works. And he really shocked that Asahi didn't apply for this year's competition," Jeonghan said.

"I see," I just nodded.

"One more thing. I'm going to join your design team for your college upcoming festival. So I might be back earlier than planned," Jeonghan said.

Jaehyuk eyes got widened as he heard that.

"Design team?" Jaehyuk asked.

"Yeah. The professors asked me to. And luckily I have no schedule on the said weeks. That's why I agreed to help them," Jeonghan said.

"Ah..."

"I heard that they asked you to join the design team? Did you declined them again?" Jeonghan asked.

Jeonghan knew Jaehyuk very well. He know that his cousin always will decline if someone asked him to help when he feel like it's not his specialty. And Jeonghan is totally right.

"Yeah. They still kept on asking me," Jaehyuk said.

He recalled that whenever Yoshi or Yuri saw him, they'll keep on begging him to join their team and Jaehyuk will keep on declined it.

"Join them. I'll need your help for it as well. We can spend more time together before I'll fly to London," Jeonghan said.

"Alright. I'll talk to them,"

°

"Oh My GOD! Thank God you'll join," Yuri said when Jaehyuk told her that he'll join their team.

"Jaehyuk will join?!" Yoshi asked as he heard Yuri's words.

"Yeah," Jaehyuk said.

"Oh My God! Thank you, Jaehyuk-ah," Yoshi said.

"The Professors said that the artist, Yoon Jeonghan will joined but suddenly Asahi told us that he can't join us because he has something important to do," Yuri said.

"We're really panicked when Asahi said he'll leave the team. Like he has been helping us a lot," Yoshi said.

"He does looked like he's troubled that's why we didn't know if we should persuade him or not," Yuri said. 

"Yeah. He worked really hard and looked really passionate when he does his part. Maybe he has a problem that he can't avoid. That's why he's leaving," Yoshi added.

"Maybe it's because of me," Jaehyuk sighed.

"Did you say anything?" Yoshi asked.

"No. Nothing," Jaehyuk said. "I'll try to talk to Asahi about this. But first, you guys need to brief me on what you guys have been working on,"

"Oh! Okay," Yuri said.

Jaehyuk let out another sigh. He really need to talk to Asahi about this. About everything.