09

"Did you see Asahi?" Jaehyuk asked.

"Asahi? I think I saw him with Hyunsuk just now," Junkyu said before he took another bite of the burger.

"Hyunsuk? Where they're going?" Jaehyuk asked.

"Where did they go?" Junkyu asked.

"Pretty sure they're going to visit the haunted house booth," Haruto said.

"Haunted house?" Jaehyuk asked. He really don't want to go near that booth. He'll just wait for Asahi somewhere then.

"Yeah. Hyunsuk asked Asahi to accompany him," Jeongwoo said. "And why are looking for him? Isn't you're going to spend your time with your favorite Jeonghan hyung?"

"His friends are here. So I'll just left," Jaehyuk said. "And now I can't find Asahi,"

"You've been hanging out with Asahi lately. The kids keep talking about the two of you," Junkyu said.

"Let them be," Jaehyuk said.

"Do you finally actually acknowledge him as your friend?" Jeongwoo suddenly asked.

Haruto and Junkyu turned at Jeongwoo before they looked at Jaehyuk. Jaehyuk sighed.

"It just... Turned out like that," Jaehyuk said.

"Okay then," Jeongwoo said. "But I'll still pray everyday for you to fall for Asahi,"

"Isn't he already did?" Haruto asked.

"You did?" Junkyu asked.

Hearing Junkyu's question suddenly make him remembered the night they had Yoshi's birthday party. The night Junkyu asked him to make sure that Asahi going home safely.

Did Junkyu really that 'care' about Asahi? Did he interested in Asahi?

"He's.. my friend," Jaehyuk said.

"Yeah. After more than 10 years," Junkyu said. Somehow anything that come out from Junkyu mouth related to Asahi make Jaehyuk something that he can't even explain what is it.

"Guys~" Jihoon suddenly appeared.

"Oh! Jihoon-ah," Junkyu greeted him.

"Jaehyuk is here? Where's Jeonghan hyung?" Jihoon asked.

"His friends are here," Jaehyuk said.

"You know, Jihoon-ah. He's looking for Asahi now. He didn't even see us anymore," Junkyu said with a sulking intonation.

"I see you guys okay," Jaehyuk said.

"Yeah.. But Asahi is a bit above your old friends, right?" Jihoon smirked.

"But I see Asahi is a bit happier than before. He must be really happy for being friend with Jaehyuk," Junkyu said.

"Really?" Haruto asked.

"Yeah. Somehow I noticed that Asahi is not that unhappy as much as before," Junkyu said. "But still, his facial expressions are expensive," 

"It's good then. Did you look at him properly now?" Jeongwoo asked.

"I did. I know I was wrong. I'm trying to make up for it, okay," Jaehyuk sighed.

"Okay. Okay. We're not criticizing you. We are genuinely happy that you're not acting like some kind of childish asshole anymore," Jihoon said.

Jaehyuk quite taken back hearing that. Yes. He was childish and an asshole. He admitted that.

"So. Jaehyuk-ah," Junkyu called him. "Asahi is cute, right?"

"Do you like him or something?" Jihoon asked.

"Why? I can't?" Junkyu asked him back.

"What are you guys talking about?" Hyunsuk who just arrived there with Asahi asked.

Jaehyuk looked at Asahi. Asahi smiled at him.

"Oh! That expensive smile!" Junkyu said.

"What? What? Asahi smiled?" Hyunsuk turned at Asahi. Asahi quickly dropped his smile and wear his usual poker face.

"No," Asahi shook his head.

Jaehyuk can't help but to chuckled.

"Jaehyuk was looking for Asahi," Jeongwoo said.

"Oh. Yes. Asahi come with me," Jaehyuk said.

Asahi nodded and followed Jaehyuk. The other boys just looked at them as they left.

"I can't believe that they're friend now," Junkyu said.

"It's me who gave Jaehyuk lectures and nagged at him about it," Jihoon said. "And now. No more complain about Asahi, at all,"

"I knew it that they will make a very good pair from the start," Jeongwoo said.

"They're just friends," Junkyu said.

"For now," Jeongwoo said. "I'm not going to stop praying for Jaehyuk fall for Asahi and they'll date,"

"I'll help you with your pray," Haruto added.

"And why are you guys want them to date so bad?" Jihoon asked.

"Don't you see how good they look together?" Jeongwoo asked. "It'll be fun to see the dynamic from enemy to friend to lover,"

"Okay. I'm in," Hyunsuk said.

"What the?" Jihoon shook his head.

"What? It'll fun if they actually dated," Hyunsuk stated.

"Right!" Jeongwoo said.

"Asahi might really like Jaehyuk but because Jaehyuk didn't like him, he thought that he didn't has a chance," Hyunsuk said. "But now... He's his friend and he can confess!"

"Are you writing a novel or something?" Jihoon asked.

"What if it will affect their friendship?" Junkyu asked in a serious tone.

The other boys looked at him almost in unison. The Junkyu they know rarely use that kind of tone when he's talking. It's always a happy or child-like or whining tone.

"What if they're not talking to each other anymore if one of them confessed. Or they'll move away from here just to avoid seeing each other after the confession?" Junkyu asked.

"Um... Why are you turning this inti angst?" Hyunsuk asked.

"It'll be fun to see," Junkyu grinned as he talk in his usual tone again.

Junkyu noticed that the boys looked confused and worried.

"Yah! I'm just joking! Don't look at me like that!" Junkyu shouted in his baby tone.

"Okay. This is normal Junkyu," Jihoon stated after he chuckled.

"You scared me a bit just now," Jeongwoo said.

"Why?" Junkyu whined.

They just laugh it off. Jihoon and Jeongwoo relieved that Junkyu was just joking. A serious, upset or angry Junkyu are scary but luckily very very rare to see.

It's just like to see Asahi expressions changes. It's like the opposite. If it's hard to see Asahi expressing his emotions, it's hard to see Junkyu be serious, upset or angry. And if he did, Jihoon and Jeongwoo know that it'll not be a good sign for another few weeks.

°

"Did you go to the haunted house with Hyunsuk?" Jaehyuk asked.

"Yeah," Asahi answered. "He keep on screaming inside but keep saying that it's fun even though he's shaking a lot,"

Asahi told Jaehyuk about whatever he did earlier today. Jaehyuk just looked at Asahi as he's talking to him.

"Oh. Sorry if I bored you," Asahi said as he noticed that he has been talking too much and Jaehyuk just stared at him.

"No. No. Tell me more about it. It's fun to listen to your stories," Jaehyuk said.

"Oh.. okay," Asahi said.

And yes. That reply from Jaehyuk make Asahi's heart flutters. But he still and manage to not show it off.