07

Today too. It's hard for Jaehyuk to see Asahi around other than in class. He really did avoid me, Jaehyuk thought.

Later than evening, Jaehyuk's mom asked him to give some of the dessert that she just made to Asahi's house.

"Oh My Gosh. Thank you, Jaehyuk. Tell your mom I said thank you, okay?" Mrs Hamada said.

"Um.. Is Asahi home?" Jaehyuk asked.

"Yes. He's in his room. Ah! I forgot to congratulate you. Congratulations for winning the Grand Prize," Mrs Hamada said.

"Ah. It's because Asahi didn't participate," Jaehyuk said humbly.

"Aye. It's still an excellent achievement," Mrs Hamada said. Her bright smile dropped slowly.

"Is there anything bothering you?" Jaehyuk asked when he noticed the change.

"It's about Asahi. After me and Asahi's dad coming back last week, he doesn't act like his usual self," Mrs Hamada said. "About the competition too. He told me before that the painting he's working for is for the Summer Fever competition. But when he told me that you won the grand prize, I asked him, what about him. And he said that he didn't participate,"

Jaehyuk looked at his foot. Is it really because he told him to?

"I feel like Asahi has a problem at school. But he never shared his problem with me," Mrs Hamada said. "Somehow, it's quite hard for me to even understand him. Asahi is like trying to not displeased anyone or something,"

"Oh," Jaehyuk looked at the staircase of Asahi's house. "May I go and see Asahi?"

"Sure. Sure. If you can. Please talk to him. Who know, he's willing to tell you about his problems," Mrs Hamada said.

"I'll try," Jaehyuk said.

"Jaehyuk-ah," Mrs Hamada called him. Jaehyuk turned back at Mrs Hamada.

"Yes?"

"Asahi. He really adore you. Whenever I talked with him, he never failed to mentioned your name. About what you did at school and anything new that he noticed about you," Mrs Hamada said. "He might be really happy if you're the one who asked him about his problem,"

"Alright. I'll try my best," Jaehyuk said.

He walked toward Asahi's room. Asahi didn't close his room's door and is on his computer.

"Ehem,"

Asahi turned at the door. He blinked his eyes for a few times before continue to look at his computer.

"Congratulation for the Grand Prize," Asahi said.

"Why did you do that?" Jaehyuk asked. He walked inside Asahi's room and closed the door.

"Do what?" Asahi asked him back.

"You have been avoiding me for days," Jaehyuk said.

"It's not like you want me not to avoid you. I just give you to be more comfortable without seeing me around. That's all," Asahi said, sincerely.

"Are you serious, Asahi?" Jaehyuk sighed. "Why did you consider me so much when I clearly showed you that I didn't favour you around me? That I dislike you?"

"Because I want to be your friend, I guess," Asahi said.

"Even though I've been treating you like that?" Jaehyuk asked.

"You didn't physically hit me or anything," Asahi said.

"Why do you want to be friend with me? Why you just said it now? Why you didn't say it when the first time we met?" Jaehyuk asked.

Asahi turned at Jaehyuk.

"Because I can clearly see that you hate the fact that I appeared in front of you. I'm scared that if I tried to be your friend, you'll hate me even more," Asahi said.

"I didn't hate you," Jaehyuk said.

"There's a thin line differentiate hate and dislike, Jaehyuk. I'm trying my best not to make you hate me or hate me even more than you did," Asahi said. "I'm scared by the fact that someone might hate me if I do something,"

"I'm sorry," Jaehyuk said.

"Why?" Asahi asked in confusion.

"Someone told me that I might be the reason you didn't express your feeling well. I guess he's right. I've been showing that I dislike you for years. There's no surprise if you're how you are now," Jaehyuk said.

"It's not your fault, Jaehyuk," Asahi said. "I guess I just adore you so much. Since the first time I saw you, I really want to be your friend. And I'm really jealous of your friends for be around you. For being the reason of your laughter, your happiness. While me, you just frowned around me. You never smiled at me. That's why. I'm jealous,"

Jaehyuk dropped to the floor, covering his face with both of his arms.

"Hey! Are you alright, Jaehyuk?" Asahi startled at Jaehyuk's sudden action. He walked toward Jaehyuk.

"I'm really a scum, right?" Jaehyuk asked.

"No. You're not. You're a great guy. You inspired me so much that I really want to be like you," Asahi said.

"I'm not. I've been disliking you for some dumb reason without even trying to open my heart to accept your presence," Jaehyuk said.

"You know. I don't know how to react in this kind of situation," Asahi said.

Jaehyuk raised his face and stared at Asahi's face.

"W-what?" Asahi averted his eyes when Jaehyuk has been staring at him for quite a long time.

"Let's be friend," Jaehyuk said.

"Eh?! Really?!!" Asahi asked excitedly making Jaehyuk stunned seeing the new expression on Asahi's face. "Jaehyuk?"

"O-oh.." Jaehyuk scratched the back of his head. "But with one condition,"

"What is it?" Asahi asked eagerly wanting to know the condition for being Jaehyuk's friend. 

After more than 10 years, finally he can be friend with Jaehyuk. The person he has been looking up to. The person that he eagerly want to be friend with but scared to do so because he thought that Jaehyuk hated him.

"Aigoo. Why are you this cute? You should show more of this side of you," Jaehyuk said while squishing Asahi's cheeks with his hands.

"Tell me. How to be your friend?" Asahi asked after pushing Jaehyuk's hands from squishing him.

"Join the design team. With me," Jaehyuk said.

"Okay," Asahi nodded. He's still waiting for the next condition.

"Let's go to the campus together," Jaehyuk added.

"Eh?! Really? You okay with that?" Asahi asked.

"Don't avoid me anymore," Jaehyuk said.

"But what about the other kids? Isn't it weird if we suddenly.. you know. Close," Asahi said.

"You don't want to be my friend?" Jaehyuk asked.

"No. I really want to be your friend, Jaehyuk. But-"

"Stop thinking about what other people think. Please start to think about yourself first," Jaehyuk said.

He caressed Asahi's hair while stared into his eyes.

"Tell me everything. How you feel. What you want. What you don't want," Jaehyuk said. "Let me be the one who can understand you better than other people,"

"Why did you suddenly.. like this?" Asahi asked after being silence for a while.

"I don't know," Jaehyuk said. "Maybe I just want to have more mature mind set,"

Asahi nodded.

"And I want to know more about you," Jaehyuk said while stared into Asahi's eyes.