Ten Minutes

TW: gore.

Ionic's plan was always gonna be dumb. There wasn't a chance of it being anything else. Though, Yuta didn't expect it to involve false impersonation, assault, and criminal trespassing. Or maybe he did. Kinda fit Ionic's MO.

He felt bad for the two poor bastards standing guard at the agency's entrance. If he didn't manage to talk Ionic down, they'd face the brunt of his full idiocy.

"We can't just beat them up. Harui will kill us. Even if we sneak in, what then?"

"Beat? Nah, I'm gonna electrocute them until they pass out." Oh, his bad. Electrocution sounded more sane. "We'll steal their uniforms and we'll be good. These guys probably get paid minimum wage. Do you think they care enough to notice? We'll go in, record any incriminating evidence, find your friends then leave. It'll take ten minutes."

"Ten minutes?"

"Ten minutes."

There was Ionic's usual confidence. That meant Yuta needed to prepare to get jumped by every sidekick in Riven's agency, run from the cops, and hope Harui didn't kill him for going along with the hero's plan.

Sure, he could argue with him more but Ionic seemed dead set on his plan. He was already out of the car before he could open his mouth again. To be fair, Yuta didn't have any better ideas. Things would be different if Hokusai and Inari weren't involved. Couldn't wait around if they were in any potential danger.

Following Ionic across the street, the guards, eagle-eyed, watched them. His eyes went to the tasers and radios each of them carried on their belts. "Only sidekicks and office staff are allowed in at these hours. Step off the premises or we'll escort you off."

Not a single chance of that dissuading him. Ionic's body reacted more to the taser prongs that dug into him than the electric shock that followed.

"Guys, stop. It tickles." His giggling fit didn't stop him from activating his Quirk. All it took was a singular flick to both of their foreheads. Both guards went rigid and collapsed. "See, Moth-kun? A little nerve damage has never hurt anyone."

"Y-Your Quirk gives people nerve damage?"

"Not usually." That was a joke, right. Right? So hard to tell. Yet another reason to stay away from him.

They took their jackets and radios. The bushes lining the front of the building were good enough to hide the bodies in.

"This one's sweaty." Yuta grimaced as he straightened out the navy flue fabric. If that wasn't bad enough, without an opening for them, the jacket constricted his wings.

Had to shoot Ionic a glare after he snuck in a 'tiny' while he pretended to clear his throat. Sure, the jacket stopped barely above his knees, but that didn't mean anything.

A keycard reader kept the entrance doors locked. Lucky for Yuta, the guard's ID was clipped to the jacket. "They really don't want people getting in."

Past the door, the lobby's tile floor was spotless. No sign of foot traffic. None of the chairs and other furniture had any wear to them either. If he didn't see the women sitting behind the front desk, he'd wonder if the agency was empty.

"You two idiots heading home?" Eyes glued to her phone, she idly spun around in her chair. "Make sure you have someone cover your posts. No more repeats of yesterday or Riven's going to kill both of you. You know how he is."

"Sounds like that's his problem. Tell him to pay us more first and we'll consider it." All Ionic had to do was stay quiet. An impossible task. It was to be expected, but why'd he speak in an accent?