Chapter 9 - Reencontrando la Paz

[My POV.]
As my vision tried to focus, I realized it was Yadiel. ~Fuck... I must be really drunk if I'm imagining him.~ My head felt like it was going to explode so I put my head down as I heard voices. I felt like shit; not just because I was drunk, but because I felt an overwhelming sense of guilt. I was mostly sorry toward my sister but also Yadiel. I felt so sleepy and I just wasn't sure of what was real or what I was dreaming. Everything after that was hazy as I kept falling asleep. The next thing I knew, I heard William's voice.

William: "Stay on your side, Marisol. So you don't choke."

Me: "Where am I?"

William: "Somewhere safe."

But I thought I was dreaming, so I asked to confirm. ~I must be drunk... I've never felt this shitty though... There's no way I'm actually here...~ The feelings of guilt kept consuming me so I let out a few tears. I kept talking nonsense and realized Yadiel was in front of me. I tried to leave but he stopped me. It made me feel even more guilty and I had to look away after he asked me to stay.

Me: "How can I stay -?"

Yadiel: "Never mind what happened... I still want you to stay. I want you here with me where I can see you, take care of you, and be there for you. I shouldn't have let you walk away and deal with this alone. I should've stayed with you and helped you."

Me: "Nothing changes the past... I'm sorry I was so stupid..."

Yadiel: "Don't be sorry. You were hurting and angry... Anyone would be under these circumstances... I'm sorry I wasn't there for you then or now."

I shook my head as he brought me in for a tight hug. I felt him kiss my head as he stroked my hair gently.

Yadiel: "I made you some tea, it should be cooled down by now. Come on."

He led me back to the bed and sat me down. He checked the temperature of the tea before handing me the mug. I took a few sips when I suddenly felt like throwing up.

Yadiel: "Are you okay?"

Me: "I feel nauseated."

Yadiel: "The bathroom is right over there. Do you need anything?"

I shook my head and suddenly shivered. Yadiel reached for my face and checked my temperature.

Yadiel: "You feel a little warm. Lay down."

I didn't have the energy or courage to go against him despite my growing guilt. I wanted to run out of there, I felt undeserving of his good intentions. But I let him push me down and cover me with a blanket. He left the room and brought back a small trash can and a few water bottles that he placed on the nightstand. He placed the trash can on the floor right next to me and was about to move away when I sat up and held onto his hand.

Me: "Yadiel..."

He crouched down in front of me looking worried.

Me: "Do you forgive me? I swear I didn't mean to hurt you... I didn't want - I really - I still really like you..."

He reached for my face and caressed my cheek.

Yadiel: "Do you forgive me?"

Me: "You did nothing wrong."

Yadiel: "Neither did you."

Me: "How could you say that?"

Yadiel: "You did what you thought was right or what would bring you peace... We never - you asked for space to do what you needed to. I'm okay. You'll be okay... We'll get through this together."