Chapter 20 - El Final

[General POV.]
After the wedding announcement, Marisol's adoptive mother showed up at her apartment and apologized for hiding the truth. Marisol finally forgave her and Ms. Flores and asked them both to be a part of her wedding. Marisol had asked Santiago to walk her down the aisle since her father had passed away. She would have asked her mother or Ms. Flores but she still felt awkward around them. Santiago was more than happy to oblige and he proudly walked her down the aisle, then stood behind her and Elena. William of course was Yadiel's best man and ring bearer. Héctor and Sebastián were at the wedding but Sebastián left before Marisol and Yadiel recited their vows. After the wedding, Marisol sold her apartment and bought a house with Yadiel in a quieter part of town. Yadiel had the old tire shop remodeled and finally handed the keys to William who of course took Santiago, Héctor, and Sebastián with him to help him out. The rest stayed with Yadiel and they hired a few more people to help out. Marisol successfully took over Towers Construction and was in the process of reforming the board to get rid of all the corrupt members. Isaura was tightly locked away with no way of escaping and Fernando was institutionalized and soon lost his memories. Laura never left his side. Marisol and Yadiel took a well-deserved trip for their honeymoon and remain happily in love surrounded by the people they love the most without hesitation.

[Narration.]
The TV played an outro song as Mrs. Álvarez lowered the volume, then put the remote back down on the end table. She looked over at Marisol who was still fast asleep. Tears filled her eyes as she reached for Marisol's hand.

Mrs. Álvarez: "Hija... Despierta..."

Suddenly the door opened and a nurse walked in to check up on Marisol.

Mrs. Álvarez: "Señorita... ¿Cuándo despertará mi hija? Ya han pasado once años... ¿Cuándo despertará?"

Nurse: "No sé señora. El daño cerebral fue muy grave. Pero ella está mostrando algo de actividad cerebral. Sigue hablando con ella, tal vez la escuche y se despierte pronto."

The nurse finished taking her notes after checking Marisol's vitals, then left the room. Mrs. Álvarez looked back at Marisol and fixed her hair.

Mrs. Álvarez: "Hay que lavarte el pelo... Hija..."

TV: "Esto ha sido 'Un Encuentro Casual'. Gracias por acompañarnos."

[TV shuts off.]

End. Fin.