Chapter 13 - La Verdad Oculta

[My POV.]
I figured I was only feeling anxious because of what happened at work, but as I pulled into the parking lot, I saw Yadiel outside waiting for me. I was excited to see him, but his response was not what I had expected. ~Why a family meeting all of a sudden? Did something happen to Sebastián?~ But he said it had nothing to do with Sebastián, and he grabbed my hand as we walked to his apartment. Everyone was there, even Héctor's father.

Héctor: "This is my father, Jesús."

Jesús: "Gusto en conocerte. Lamento que nos hayamos conocido bajo estas circunstancias."

Me: "Igualmente."

We gave each other an awkward smile before William motioned for me to sit in between him and Santiago. Yadiel sat in front of me on the coffee table and held my hands in his. He suddenly asked about my mom, and my heart started pounding as I wondered why. ~She never called me back - Why is he asking about her?~ My heart dropped as he explained what they had found out.

Me: "But - How did you find that out? Why -?"

Jesús: "I'm sorry, Marisol. I asked him to find her. We wanted to speak to her before Fernando got to her again."

Me: "Again? What are you talking about?"

Jesús: "There were some things we wanted to clear up with her about the incident that happened ten years ago."

Me: "With Mariela? Why?"

Jesús grew uncomfortable and thought for a moment. However, before he could speak, my phone rang, and I stepped outside to answer.

Me: "Hello?"

Ms. Flores: "Marisol... Do you think we could talk?"

Me: "Um... I - I'm not sure. What about, may I ask?"

Ms. Flores: "About what you told me today.... There's something I wasn't able to say."

Me: "I'm actually talking about that now with Yadiel and -"

Ms. Flores: "Yadiel... Is he related to Sebastián Perez, by chance?"

Me: "Yes, they're cousins."

Ms. Flores: "I thought he looked familiar. Would he mind if I joined the conversation?"

As she spoke, I heard the door open and turned to see Yadiel looking at me, worried.

Me: "Let me ask. Yadiel, is it alright if Ms. Flores comes over?"

He looked a bit confused but nodded softly.

Me: "Ms. Flores? I'll send you the address in a bit."

Ms. Flores: "Thank you."

I hung up and instantly turned to Yadiel. I wrapped my arms around his waist and dug my face into his shoulder. I felt him wrap his arms around me and softly pat my back.

Me: "She said she also has something to say about Fernando."

Yadiel: "Ms. Flores? Do they know each other?"

Me: "I don't know."

Yadiel: "Ah, you also had something to say... Wanna go back inside?"

I nodded, and we walked back inside. We sat back on the couch as Santiago stood up to let us sit together. I told them about what happened at work. They were in shock but relieved it hadn't escalated.

Juan José: "So, Ms. Flores is coming here?"

Me: "Yes."

Yahir: "How is it that everyone is related to this?"