Chapter 16 - El Plan Perfecto

[My POV.]
Yadiel offered to spend the night together, but in the middle of our flirting, Yadiel got a call. I took that as my queue to leave, and we said goodbye. But halfway home, he told me to go to his apartment. I arrived at his apartment and saw Juan José, William, and Santiago.

Me: "Yadiel should be here soon; we left around the same time."

They nodded, and Santiago took the chance to go to his room to get his clothes, then headed into the bathroom to shower as Yadiel walked into the apartment. After reviewing the file that Juan José had found, I couldn't help but cry. ~So, this is what my real mother looked like?~ She was a beautiful woman with simple features that exuded elegance. She had round brown eyes, and long, wavy brown hair. Typically people didn't look their best in their driver's license photos, but my mother did. She had such a bright smile, and I could only imagine the effect it would have had in real life. After I composed myself, we all headed to bed. Yadiel pulled me into his arms and softly kissed my forehead.

Me: "Yadi..."

Yadiel: "Hm...?"

Me: "I'm so glad it's you on my side."

I looked up at him, and he smiled cutely.

Me: "Are you blushing?"

Yadiel: "Don't tease me."

His smile widened, and I tightened my arm around his waist. He leaned in for one of his tender kisses that usually led to something more lustful. The next day, we said goodbye after breakfast. I headed to work, and everything seemed to be going normally. I finished my work early and asked Ms. Flores if I could leave early. Surprisingly, Megan didn't have a snarky remark, and I felt relieved to be heading out. On my way to the police station, I began to feel anxious. ~Why am I suddenly feeling so scared?~ I tried to brush it off, but suddenly, I felt my car lose control. I tried my best to gain control of my car, but I couldn't and ended up swerving hard, causing my car to flip over. I was in and out of consciousness as I heard a commotion outside. ~What the hell happened?!~ I tried to move or open my eyes, but I felt unbearable pain. The next thing I knew, I was in the hospital. I still felt so tired and weak; I couldn't even open my eyes. All I heard was the heart monitor, then the door opened, and someone sat down next to my bed. I felt them grab my hand then I heard faint crying. ~Ms. Flores?~

Ms. Flores: "Marisol... I can't lose you too... I'm so sorry... I'm sorry I couldn't take you in and I'm sorry we all lied to you... Please, wake up."

I was still upset with her, but even though I wanted to wake up, I couldn't. She stayed quiet for a while until the door opened again. I felt someone sit on the bed. ~Yadiel...~ But when I heard him speak, I mustered up all the strength I had to wake up.

Me: "Re- Really?"

My eyes felt heavy, but I had to confirm I wasn't dreaming. They both stared at me. Ms. Flores was worried, but Yadiel looked conflicted as he nodded.

Yadiel: "She was here in the hospital... I was talking with William when she suddenly spoke out to us. I'm not sure how much of our conversation she heard, but she claims she'll help us put both, Fernando and Isaura, away. I just - I'm not too sure."

Ms. Flores: "What were you talking about?"

Yadiel: "I told William to make copies of all our evidence so everyone could hide it. I planned to give you the original, so you could hide it until we needed it. That's when she appeared."

Ms. Flores: "That is suspicious. We can test that theory. Tell William to have a dummy drive ready for me. If anything happens to me, you'll know you can't trust her."

Yadiel: "Are you sure? You shouldn't go alone though."

Ms. Flores: "I rather they attack me instead of you all... Especially Marisol."