Chapter 10 - ¿Amigo o Enemigo?

[My POV.]
Of course, we were interrupted just as Yadiel was trying to get me back for all the teasing I put him through. I was glad though because I wouldn't have had the self-control he had. I wanted him to be the only one receiving pleasure as I still felt bad about how far I had taken things with Sebastián. It was my last night there and I felt like I needed to spend time away from him to be able to control myself. Since I had met him, I had been physically attracted to him and sometimes I still felt confused about my feeling about him. I knew I felt guilty about hurting him, I missed him when we weren't together, I thought about him throughout the day, and I felt safe and comfortable when we were together; but as soon as we laid down, it was nearly impossible to retrain my desire for him. He brought me breakfast in bed the next morning and had another interruption before we all headed to work. Since I still had time, I stopped to buy everyone coffee before arriving at work. I had a normal, uneventful day and headed home afterward to clean up. But to my surprise, everything was already organized and my laundry had already been done. ~What the - Did Elena come over?~ I headed towards my room in shock as it was something unexpected. When I opened my bedroom door, I saw a few bags on my bed. I put down my things and looked through the bags. I took out a card and read it first.

Note: *Since some of your clothes got damaged, I bought these as replacements per Yadiel's request. The receipt is included in case you need to exchange anything for a different size or style. Take care, Juan José.*

I put the note down and looked through all the clothes in the bags. ~Ah, Yadiel... You didn't have to do this.~ I sent him a quick thank you text before putting all the clothes away. I went out to take a shower, then eat dinner. I hadn't had much of an appetite so I made a chicken salad to have something to take for lunch the next day. I cleaned up and put everything away before going to my room to finally rest. I grabbed my phone and saw that Yadiel still hadn't seen my message yet. ~Hm... Is he really that busy today?~ I got comfortable in bed and decided to scroll through my social media when I heard someone at my door. My heart jumped and I ran to answer, anticipating it was a surprise visit from Yadiel. I opened the door and was surprised to see Héctor standing there. He hadn't changed much since high school except he had grown a few inches and was a bit more muscular. He was fidgeting with his sleeves awkwardly avoiding eye contact with me. I realized I was half-naked and invited him in before going back to my room to put on a pair of sweats. He was still by the door, looking at the floor when I walked back out.

Me: "You can sit down, you know."

He nodded and walked over to the table as I sat down. After a few seconds of awkward silence, I finally spoke up.

Me: "Why are you here?"

He rested his hands on the table, even though he was still fidgeting with his sleeves, and finally looked up at me.

Héctor: "I came here to apologize."

His tone was soft despite his deep voice.

Héctor: "For everything... That happened back then and now. I - I know there's no excuse and... And I know there's nothing I can say to take it all back... I regret... I regret not doing anything and that I didn't confess sooner so your sister -"

Me: "She wasn't confused... We argued about that the day before it happened... She wanted me to date Sebastián because she liked him... No one was supposed to know we were twins... So, she thought the only way for her to date, was to confess pretending to be me... It should have been me on that rooftop."

Héctor: "Marisol... I'm so sorry... At that time -"

Me: "Olvídalo... It already happened... Nothing can help me feel better about it... I just have to keep going."