Chapter 14 - Los Suegros

[My POV.]
After the family meeting, everyone got to work trying to get all the information we could on Fernando and his company. Ms. Flores was reluctant as she feared it would only put us in danger, but she eventually agreed to help prove that I was indeed the product of his affair with her sister. After several months, almost everything was complete. I had virtually all the necessary evidence and information to begin my plan. I was in the middle of work when I got a call. I excused myself and answered the phone.

Me: "Hello?"

Voice: "Good afternoon, is this Marisol Alvarez?"

Me: "Yes, may I ask what this concerns?"

Voice: "I'm calling from Valley Medical Center. Mr. Sebastián Perez requested I call you."

My heart stopped.

Me: "He's awake?"

Voice: "Yes, he woke up a - {clears throat} We just finished running some tests, so you'll be able to visit him now."

Me: "Alright... Thank you."

I hung up and went back to work. I could feel both Megan and Ms. Flores looking at me, but I didn't want to say anything. I wasn't sure if I should see him or not. They didn't say anything and neither did I for the rest of the day. After work, I sat in my car, debating where to go. ~Should I go see him? Why does he even want me to go? Does he know what I'm planning?~ Against my original decision, I headed for the hospital. I had been expecting to see everyone there, but the room was empty as I walked in. Sebastián was sitting up but his eyes were closed, almost making him look innocent. I sat down next to him before calling out to him.

Me: "Why did you want me to come?"

He slowly turned his head as he opened his eyes.

Me: "If you just wanted to apologize, I don't need to hear it."

I stood up to go but he grabbed onto my arm.

Sebastián: "Marisol, please."

Me: "¿Qué quieres Sebastián?"

He pulled on my arm, making me turn back to face him. His eyes were pleading and I could see the faint scars on his face.

Sebastián: "Solo quería verte -"

Me: "Ya me viste, ya me voy."

His grip tightened as he yanked me back, making me fall onto the bed. ~He sure recovered quickly.~ He grabbed my face, making me face him.

Sebastián: "Are you actually related to Isaura and her father?"

I tried to move away but he was too strong.

Sebastián: "Respóndeme."

Me: "Yes, I am."

He continued to search my face quietly.

Sebastián: "¿Qué estás planeando?"

Me: "Nada que te importe."

Sebastián: "Sí, me importa."

Me: "¿Por qué?"

Sebastián: "Porque me importas tú."

Me: "Ya basta Sebastián."

Sebastián: "¿Sigues con Yadiel?"

Me: "Por supuesto que sí."

He finally let me go as he looked away. I stood up quickly and walked toward the door.

Sebastián: "Marisol... Let me know if you need any help."

Me: "I'm fine."

I walked out right away and headed back home. Even if most of our focus was on Fernando, Yadiel and I still tried to make time for each other. We agreed that we wouldn't discuss Fernando or Isaura whenever we were alone. We would have random meetings with the others. But today, I hadn't made any plans and was just heading home to rest. As soon as I walked in, I was greeted by the smell of food. ~Elena?~ Elena and I hadn't been keeping in touch as often. She was busy with work and had gotten back together with Quinn so I wasn't able to tell her everything that had happened. A part of me didn't want to tell her for fear she'd try to stop me. But the person that came out of the kitchen wasn't Elena.