Part 8: A Normal Day (for once)

"Will what was that?"
"I kissed your nose."
"Really?"
"DiAngelo watch your sass."
"I'll fucking sass you if I want."

I burst into laughter and he sighed and couldn't help but laugh along.

"So, what would you like to do? It's about lunchtime, we should get something to eat."
"Hmm I don't really feel like leaving in my state. I feel like everyone is gonna judge me for what happened."
"I'll go if you want."
"But I'll feel bad!"
"Jeez Will! Make up your mind!"
"Hmm, well can you hide me? I wanna go but I don't want anyone to notice me."
"I could shadow travel there, and then shadow travel back."
"No Underworld-y stuff! Remember?"
"That was months ago!"
"STILL."
"Fine. Let's go."

We went out, and I felt the sunshine on my face, and felt a little better. It was very warm out, I wanted to take off my jacket but people would see my scars. I'm still not exactly recovering yet.

Nico was wearing a plain black tank top, and I could see his muscles. I was very impressed by it, how is he so fit? Maybe from being in the underworld so long...

He wore black skinny jeans with it, and it well with all of his other black things. The only non black things were his pale skin and brown eyes. Other than that, he was all black. I was wearing a hoodie and some jeans. I wanted to blend in as much as possible.

Nobody really paid attention to us so, we walked and talked about little things along the way.

It was nice, we got our food, gave some to the Gods, and just left.

When we got back we decided instead of just sitting in the dark of his cabin, we were gonna go to the beach and relax there.

We got out a blanket and we set out our food, and sat down.

Nico sighed and looked up at me.

"Yes?"
"I'm just making sure you're eating."
"Yeah, yeah, I know..."
"Doctors. Orders."
"You aren't even a doctor!"
"The doctor said to keep an eye on you to make sure you sleep enough and get enough to eat. I'm worried about you. I wanna make sure you recover."
"Thanks."
"Welcome. Anyways, let's eat!"

Our food wasn't much, and it wasn't a special view or anything, it just felt right.

Like I belonged here, sitting in the sand eating, and talking and laughing with him. His smile is beautiful, he is beautiful.

I felt many feelings, everything. I just wanted to hug him, and call him mine.

That would be enough, but I sat there instead listening to him talk about how much he loved living in Italy and living with his sister Bianca.

There was no regret in his eyes, he seemed sad though, but he seemed like he knew that she was gone, and that was that. There was no remorse, or hatred. It was nice seeing him content with his feelings.

The view was basically, a plain beach, nobody was there. Other than us. The beach was long and probably went out for miles and miles of sand and sand. The Sun high in the sky, it seemed like it would never come down.

We finished eating our food, and I caught Nico singing a little song to himself.

Stuck in the jet wash.
Bad trip I couldn't get off.
And maybe I bit off a little more than I could chew, and overhead of the aqua blue.

I could listen to him sing for hours, he didn't even notice I was listening. He sang for a bit.

Fall to your knees bring on the rapture. Blessed be the boys time can't capture.
On film or between the sheets, I always fall from your window to the pitch black streets.

And with the black banners raised as the crooked smiles fade.
Former heroes who quit too late.
Who just wanna fill up the trophy case again.

He started to tap his feet on the blanket, and lost himself in the music. I smiled, his voice sounded perfect.

And in the end,
I'd do it all again
I think you're my best friend.
Don't you know that the kids aren't al-, kids aren't alright?

I'll be yours.
When it rains it pours.
Stay thirsty like before.
Don't you know that the kids aren't al-, kids aren't alright?

I'm not passive, but aggressive.
Take note, it's impressive.
Empty your sadness like you're dumping your purse on my bedroom floor.
We put your curse in reverse.

He looked up at me smiling softly, and sang louder, beckoning me to join in.

And it's our time now if you want it to be.
Maul the world like the carnival bear set free.
And your love is anemic, and I can't believe.
That you couldn't see it coming for me.

I joined in, and sang along with him, looking into those beautiful brown eyes, falling deeper in love with him.

And I still feel that rush in my veins
It twists my head just a bit too thin.
All those people in those old photographs I've seen are dead.

And in the end.
I'd do it all again.
I think you're my best friend.
Don't you know that the kids aren't al-, kids aren't alright?

We sang together, in sync, looking into each other's eyes.

I'll be yours.
When it rains it pours.
Stay thirsty like before.
Don't you know that the kids aren't al-, kids aren't alright?

And sometimes I just wanna sit around and gaze at my shoes, yeah.
And let your dirty sadness fill me up like a balloon.

We quieted down a bit.

And in the end.
I'd do it all again.
I think you're my best friend.
Don't you know that the kids aren't al-, kids aren't alright?

I'll be yours.
When it rains it pours.
Stay thirsty like before.
Don't you know that the kids aren't al-, kids aren't alright?

We looked at each other, the song was over. I smiled.

"You have a beautiful voice Nico DiAngelo."

(Song creds to Fall Out Boy, the song is called, The Kids Aren't Alright.)