• 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 2 • (TW: blood, murder)

With shaky hands, Venti opened the door to peek out. Lumine was filing through the kitchen cabinets for ingredients to cook dinner.

"Oh, you're back." Venti greeted her from behind. He put on a smile and hugged her warmly. Lumine returned the favor and cocked her head at the eyepatch Venti wore.

"Did something happen to your eye?" She asked and went to touch it, but Venti gently grabbed her wrist and held it. "I'm fine. It's just a scratch from a rifthound." He insisted.

Venti assisted Lumine in cooking a meal to get her mind off of it. It was a special kind of soup along with bread that Lumine learned a few days ago.

____________

There were a few instances where Venti would cuddle Lumine from behind (wrapping arms around her and resting his head on her shoulder). She didn't mind, however, because she thought it was adorable.

"By the way, is the food just for us? It seems...like quite a handful." Venti inquired, wiping the sweat off of his hands with a towel. "This is actually a dinner for the Knights of Favonius. I invited everyone for a picnic. However, Barbara, Diluc, and Rosaria couldn't come. So it's only just a select few of us."

"Oh. I see. Very well then." Venti was nervous about attending the picnic, mostly because everyone would be asking what happened to his eye. He didn't complain out loud though. He wanted the best for Lumine and the picnic dinner.

________________

After all the preparations have been made, Venti and Lumine carried the food to a nice spot at Windrise. Lumine carried a small notepad with a list on it with all the food.

"Soup...check. Bread...check. Juice for Klee...check. Some parmesian for the soup..." Lumine glanced at Venti making a gagging face at "parmesian". "...check."

When she got to the word "wine", it was nowhere to be seen on the blanket they set out. "Ah, Venti. I accidentally left the wine at the Tavern. Can you go get it for us, please?"

"I'm on it!" Venti reassured and sprinted towards the city of Mondstadt.

Once he arrived there, he spotted a 12 pack of wine on the bar table.

Hmm...no one is here...maybe it won't hurt to sneak a sip or two...right?

______________

With a groggy mind, Venti awoke from his sleep. He wiped drool from his mouth and groaned at the massive headache he had acquired during his slumber. He looked over to the window pack and saw that three of the wine bottles have been emptied and gone from the pack. He guessed it was him who had drunk them.

What made him fully alert was a scream that erupted from outside. He snapped his head up and dashed towards the door.

What...the...hell..

There was blood and injured people everywhere. Was he dreaming? Was this the after effects of drinking? He blinked and after seeing the same image once again, he confirmed that this was, indeed, reality.

Lumine was hugging Klee, who was sobbing hard at the scene. Master Jean was going around, helping the injured. Diluc leaned on a nearby wall, staring Venti down hard. Venti looked on in horror as more blood and people appeared before him. What the hell happened to everyone??

"Hey! You!" Diluc boomed, marching over to Venti. Venti whirled around as well as everyone else towards the sound of an angry Diluc.

"Uhm, Master Diluc! What happened?" Venti asked with worry. "Treasure hoarders invaded the city! I didn't see you at the scene though. What were you doing?" Diluc crossed his arms.