𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙞𝙙𝙤𝙡...

Venti had one last victim in his mind as he went to the kitchen to cook with Lumine later on. Her name was Gianna. He hadn't seen her in a while and she probably hid herself away after Diluc got killed.

His motive? Gianna had rudely ran into Lumine and never even bothered to help. But mostly because she copied him.

Every.

Single.

Detail.

From his hat to his own lyre, she copied it. Instead of Cecelias, she replaced them with windwheel asters. Was she TRYING to be the better bard? Venti already knew that he was the best bard in Mondstadt so who the hell was she to beat him?

Venti set out the ingredients and looked at Lumine, who was sitting on the couch and reading a book. He crossed the room and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I'll be back soon. This should be the last time you'll hear about my unfinished business." He put on a smile and hugged her.

"Alright! Just be back in time for dinner!" Lumine called to him as he disappeared into the night.
_______________________

How long was she staring at the photo of her and Venti?

Gianna blinked and she was back in reality. She sighed and placed the picture back on the table.

Venti was her main inspiration to be a bard. He basically taught her everything she needed to play the lyre. And soon, she was getting better!

Gianna had went into hiding after the news that Diluc was dead. And the more the news spread about deaths, the more fearful for her life she was. What if she was next? She didn't want the same thing that happened to her brother happen to her.

Her brother, Geronimo, had fell into the water and never came back. He was trying to teach her how to fly with her glider, but something went wrong...

Through her distress, she ran back to Mondstadt and accidentally bumped into Lumine. However, she was crying so hard that she didn't bother to see who it was and unfortunately didn't have the time to help.

Now, she was sitting in a small cottage she used to share with Geronimo. But she had barred the door closed to his room so she wouldn't remember what happened to him.

"Hmm...I should probably get some groceries from Good Hunter. I haven't been out in some time. Maybe I can see Mr. Venti again!"

She picked up a wooden basket and hurried outside in the night.
_________

"Gianna? I haven't seen you in a month! How have you been?" Sara, who ran Good Hunter, asked her.

"I'm ok, Miss Sara. I do need a few dishes for dinner tonight. I would like some ham, cheese and mushroom skewer." Gianna replied with a smile.

"Alright! Your total is...$12,750!"

Gianna nodded and fished into her skirt pocket. But it was empty. She frantically dug around, tears filling her vision.

"I'm so sorry! I-I don't have any mora!" She started to hiccup, as that's what she did when she was under stress.

"Oh, don't worry. I'll pay it!"

Gianna whirled around to see Venti with a pouch of mora in his hand. He gently placed it on the counter and patted Gianna on the shoulder.

"Well well, if it isn't my favorite student! Where have you been this whole time?"

Without thinking, Gianna jumped up to hug Venti, as she was quite short. Venti almost fell backwards from the force but hugged her nonetheless.

"Ah! I'm sorry...I haven't seen you in a while. I guess that was kind of my fault, huh? Heheh..."