13 - rain (ii.)

she was laying on soft cushions, tucked in a big warm blanket that fell past the couch and to the floor. Kei had woken up thinking she was at her own dorm when she realizes she can't possibly have blankets that smelled like they'd wrapped around Rindou a lot.

"tsk, you were up but you didn't offer to help."

she looks up at Rindou who had walked over with two bowls in his hands. he had his bangs tied cutely, his upper body now covered with a hoodie.

"what time is it?" she croaks out, still somewhat out of sorts from sleep.

"six."

it felt like the first time she's actually ever slept in her life; the rest of the times, she must've been just closing her eyes or resting them. the warm atmosphere radiated from the walls as she rose to sit up, knowing for sure that her hair must be a bird's nest, yet she didn't care.

that was the best sleep of her life; no thinking about what she must do when she wakes up, or overthinking about both the present and future. her unusually rewarding rest didn't only stop in the psyche, but her body had been taken to a place of comfort in such a way that if it went their again it will latch on forever.

"it rained," Rindou says, sitting down the floor by her leg.

the bowls he'd brought in in two rounds from the cooking area to the living room were now set on the table before them. Kei rubbed her eyes and arched her back to stretch. Rin had been looking at her when she did so, her clothes askew, her arms long and her knee touching his shoulder.

"come here and eat," he snaps.

"I'm going back to my apartment."

"huh? I cooked for you, Kei."

"well, if you insist." she sat down beside him.

"I'm not insisting," he defensively says, turning to look at her, "it would just be such a waste."

"why?"

"because I can't finish it all."

"why?"

"because I cooked for you—" he frowns.

noticing Kei's self-pleased grin finally made him realize what she was trying to make him say twice.

they had dinner together, Rindou stuck in his thoughts while Kei was just busy fighting her sleep. having slept with Rin scratched a part of the workings of her sleep deprivation, undoing some tight knots while the rest yearned to be in the same relaxed state.

as he took the dishes to the sink, she dropped the question.

"you kissed me." that wasn't a question.

"my mistake," he nonchalantly says.

from where she still sat on the floor, she could only see his back to her as he busied himself washing the dishes.

"and you forced me to sleep wi—together with you."

"I didn't force you into anything." she could hear the chuckle in his voice.

"I said no kissing."

"fine, I'm sorry."

"that's it?"

"what more do you want, Kei?"

"why? why would you kiss me? and then sleep with me?"

it took him a while to answer. Kei knew better than to say something else or ask another question; she'd be giving him an opportunity to avoid and steer the conversation as he wants.