16 - Kei knows how to party

Kei slammed the glass back down, the alcohol seeming to spread quickly through her nervous system. she could feel the flushness of her cheeks, the perpetual taste of the liquid in her mouth. she steals a glance his way.

Rin winked at her from over Mina's shoulder. she burned with anger. Hikari was right, if Rindou was bad, she should be worse. look at him, letting some woman he didn't know touch his chest, sit on his lap. the girl presses her lips against his cheek, brushing his hair back.

if she wasn't drunk, she would've been reeling over the pain of it. instead, she takes another glass, but a hand stops her. she feels someone's chest behind her back, an unfamiliar but pleasant scent dancing in her nose.

she instinctively looks up, as if she knew the man would be taller.

"haven't you drunk enough?" he smiles.

Kei let go of the glass, turning to look at him. he wore a black turtleneck, tucked neatly inside black linen suit pants. she could make out the rings on his fingers and the expensive watch on his wrist. his eyes were purple; a familiar shade.

he had a face for the gods. from the way he moved and smiled, he knew it too.

the man slid in to stand beside her, taking the drink she was about to down for himself. then he turned to look at her.

"are you planning to drink your sorrows all night?"

"excuse me?"

"look behind you."

she does as he says; she regrets it immediately. Rindou's lips were now occupied with someone else's. her hands roamed, her movements assertive. just days ago they were kissing too, in the space of his apartment with neither of them drunk.

"don't you want to do the same with me?" his lips had moved close to her ear, making her flinch.

"have fun, I mean," he adds as he slightly steps back to give her distance.

Kei didn't need to think about it. Hikari was right. Rindou would never understand how shitty it was for her to be as good as nothing in the face of the world outside their bubble of solitude. it was as if he didn't want to sleep with her at all, or didn't constantly cook for her—that much was obvious with how easily he kisses a woman knowing she'd see.

as if he didn't know how she felt. he didn't care if he hurt her.

Kei took Ran's hand without knowing his name, or who he was. she could hear his stifled laughter as he pulls at her and walks ahead, leading the way to the dance floor. he looks at her over his shoulder, grinning, as he lifts their joint hands to spin her around.

then he pulls her to himself, the crowd amidst them moving and they soon fell to sync. the beat and rhythm was one for sin, Ran wouldn't allow their bodies apart, his smile ever present as Kei mirrored his own. drunk Kei knew how to have fun.

"would you look at that," she hears him mutter.

she had her arms wrapped around his neck, her behind against him. he snakes a hand over her stomach and orients her to the direction of the bar.

Rindou was now alone, standing idly with his elbows behind him on the counter. he was looking directly at her, eyes dark, lips a thin line.

she looked away to look at Ran. he seemed to know exactly what was going on as he pulled her close, inching his face near hers.

"give him a show, doll," he says, his breath fanning her lips. "let's find out for how long he could just stand there."

when she leans in, however, she kisses not his lips but his thumb. she could hear the smile in his voice.