Chapter 4: I need him

When Pete was a child, his mother's arms were one of the best places in the world. If something happened, or if he was tired, or even if he was seeking maternal comfort, it was into his mother's arms that the boy would run. And she would always hold him, lovingly, sometimes initiating whispered conversations or humming softly, until occasionally Pete would sleep. And the satisfaction he felt when he woke up afterwards was priceless.

Vegas' arms around him were so different from his mother's, and obviously carried no maternal nuance, but they still seemed to have the same power to soothe and protect. They were like a fortress, safe for Pete, and probably impenetrable to anyone outside of it. So, time and again, Pete sighed, failing to stay fully awake. In fact, he suspected that he had dozed off and lounged a few times on Vegas' chest, covered by a soft blanket, after the man had made him quite comfortable in bed and disappeared into the bathroom to clean himself before returning.

The dominant was quiet, and only stroked Pete's back with one hand. It was only when the boy wriggled on top of him, trying to get even more comfortable, that Vegas decided to speak.

"Are you with me again?" he asked, his voice controlled and low.

"I guess so..." Pete whispered, feeling his throat begging for some water. Vegas laughed briefly.

"Can you sit?"

"I'm sleepy," the boy said, shrinking further against Vegas.

"You can sleep after we're done here." He kissed Pete's forehead. "Come on, get up."

Rather reluctantly and lazily, the boy crawled up above the big, strong body of the older man, who spread his legs to let him sit between them. Brushing away the damp strands that fell over Pete's eyes, Vegas held his chin, reaching for the look that, in addition to clear fatigue, also showed complete satisfaction, the younger man knew. The dominant leaned over, stretching out his arm, and when he returned, he offered a bottle of water to Pete, who was surprised that he hadn't noticed that the bottle had been there the whole time, on top of the small piece of furniture next to the bed.

He could only gauge his own thirst when he had swallowed almost half of the colorless liquid. And only he didn't drink some more because Vegas stopped him.

"Easy, little one," he said, his gaze amused as he wiped the boy's wet chin.

"Thanks, hyung."

Vegas nodded.

"Would you like some more?"

"Please."

The older man handed the bottle back, stroking Pete's back as he took another long sip, "There you go."

When Pete had drunk as much as he needed, he handed it back to Vegas, who took the last remaining sip, placing the bottle back where it had been previously. Pete licked his own lips, feeling extremely tired, but a little more awake after wetting his throat.

"How are you feeling?" Vegas asked, pulling the boy close.

"Great," Pete replied, but thought better of it. "And exhausted, but in a good way."

The lines beside Vegas' eyes deepened as he smiled.

"You were amazing, Pete. Perfect. You served me so well..." The older man murmured against Pete's cheek, which trembled slightly, still sensitive to any touch. The compliment warmed his skin.

"Even if you didn't cum?"

"Pleasuring you was enough for me tonight."

"Oh..." Pete bit the inside of his cheek." Can I ask you something?" The older man nodded, and Pete continued, "Why didn't you...hm...want to have sex with me tonight?"