Chapter 12: Home

━━━━━━━━━※━━━━━━━━━

The reason why that was Pete's favorite coffee shop was not the coffee, but the ice cream. There was the best chocolate ice cream in the world. The creaminess was perfect, as well as the light coffee aroma that the ice cream contained, which intensified the taste of chocolate even more.

Pete would not accept to return to Seoul next day without going to the coffee shop again, so he called Thankhun to accompany him on a walk. Since the place was close to where they lived, it was not strange to run into some neighbors, who greeted Pete, and went their separate ways. Even though the day to return was near, the boy was too happy because of the time he had spent with his family and his best friend, so he would not let himself be upset; after all, there would be other chances to meet again in the future.

As the celebratory aura still hung among the residents, it was no surprise to see that the line was long. The boys stood at the end of the line, and continued the animated conversation they had been carrying on since they had left their homes. Thankhun gestured theatrically with his hands, as he always did, and Pete listened attentively to the brunette's words.

"...And he wanted to take me to that tent that's in the center of the park, can you believe it?" Thankhun said, dumbfounded.

"Are you sure he's the manager of that restaurant?"

"That's what I thought! How is he a manager of a restaurant, and he doesn't even think about taking me to that restaurant? I bet he had a discount..." A pouty beak appeared on his lips, which drew a chuckle from Pete. "I deleted his number."

"He could be the man of your life, you know."

"If a cheapskate is the man of my life, then I'd rather not have one."

"Yah, you're a cheapskate too." Pete accused.

"But I'm the protagonist of my life, so I want to be taken to restaurants, not tents in town squares." Thankhun crossed his arm, sighing. Pete pulled him by his pants pocket so that they could move forward with the line. "In the end, the one who lost was him, because..." The brunette suddenly stopped talking, however the boy was too focused on a child who walked by them with a scoop of his favorite flavor of ice cream, which made him not pay much attention to Thankhun's pause. "Ah, fuck my ass."

Pete turned to aim at his friend who, in turn, was looking in another direction with frowning eyebrows.

"What did you say?"

"Pete," Thankhun lowered his gaze to the boy, his features tensed and slightly irritated. "Don't look now, but..." Pete looked over his shoulder, to the direction the taller one was looking before. "Fuck, I tell you not to look, and you incorporate the exorcist?"

"Shit." Pete whispered, pulling Thankhun closer. " Damn it."

"Did he see you?"

"I don't know." He ran a hand through his hair. "You said you saw him here the other day?"

"Apparently you're not the only one who likes this place."

Pete rolled his eyes, annoyed with himself. "Of course not, I introduced him to this coffee shop."

"Okay. Let's think positive, maybe he won't come talk to you."

"Pete?"

A third voice squeezed in between the boys' conversation, causing them both to look at each other startled. However, Thankhun soon recovered, and put on the sternest face he possessed, looking at the man next to them. Pete's ex-boyfriend.