II Taco (AU) x Reader: Plan B

This contains spoilers for season 1 and 2 of inanimate insanity and some mentions of manipulative behavior.

You and Taco were quite close friends, some would say. You think it was the first season when you two became friends. You pulled her back from falling into a cliff. Nickel had the scolding of his lifetime, and you checked to see if she was okay.

That wasn't the last time someone tried to pick on her, but you defended her whenever someone did. She did the same for you as well.

Another thing you recalled was picking lemons for another challenge. You helped Taco get on top of a lemon tree. You almost fell over, but it helped score your team's victory. Though, she coughed up so much lemons. You remember that she got a sore throat after that.

The spare lemons gave you an idea. You were going to make lemonade, but you don't think you would've found any sugar here. You guess that water will have to do instead.

You also learned that she had much more intelligence than she led on. It only happened whenever your team lost. You became good enough friends, and you found out she also had arms. She knew that you figured it out, but you assured her that you'd keep it a secret. You're sure she had her reasons.

You weren't the only one that knew. There was Pickle, but he was technically one of her friends as well. He swore not to tell anyone, (because Taco did kind of threaten him) but it was a shock to him.

Though, their friendship did waver before. He took out his anger at Taco once, and you know it wasn't intentional. You knew it was something related to one of the challenges. Things were just in the heat of the moment, but you promptly stood in front of Taco and tried to solve the whole ordeal. They made up with each other, but you still remember her reaction.

It was one of shock and hurt.

One that you made sure never happened again.

In the final challenge, there were two bleachers to cheer on the final contestants. You and Pickle were the only ones in Taco's bleachers. You cheered on her through everything. She was so close to the finish line, but OJ was the winner. You expected to be angry. After all, Bow did disrupt her when she was near the end of it.

There was a lot of cheering after that. You went on to congratulate her, even if she didn't win. You were so proud of her for being the top two contestants that you went up and hugged her, but it was an unconscious decision on your part.

You didn't see the love-struck look in her eyes.

(Time Skip)

You and Taco were resting on the hotel's couch. Pickle was mashing the buttons on his console, trying to beat the final boss. Whatever he was playing looked pretty fun, but you were too tired after yesterday's party.

That is until you heard the sound of a plane. Everyone went to investigate it, but it crashed into the side of the hotel.

A familiar face fell to the ground, and you didn't think you wanted to see him. Many others also fell from the plane, and you worry if they'll be alright.

"Greetings and salutations!" Mephone shouted.

"Why are you here?!" OJ asks.

"I wanted some of the old contestants to join the game and battle alongside some of the newer ones. Nine of you will join, decided by this slot machine over here."

"Oh, sir! Can I pull lev-ah?!" There's also a toilet here. He must be the co-host for Mephone.

"No, don't touch it you filthy— I mean, uh, could you get me some wires?"