3: Break in

Shane was adjusting one of the cameras he had set up earlier, when he heard loud struggling coming from the family room. He rushed to see what was happening, only to find Lulu playing a video game. Sighing, the young Lieutenant shook his head "Hey! Where's the baby?" An arm pointing towards the kitchen was the only reply he got.

Turning around he saw Helga holding Tyler; Zoe on the phone with someone like she had been for the last few hours; Peter was standing in the fish tank throwing cereal and Kat was cooking dinner, preparing a bottle for her baby brother and cleaning the mess Peter kept making, all simultaneously. Garry flew over Shane's head and into Kat's arms before she set him down gently on the ground.

Looking at Helga now feeding Tyler, Shane asked, "Does anyone except Kat know the meaning of the word discipline around here?"
"If you don't like it, you do something. I feed the baby," Helga sassed moving out of the kitchen so as not to be in Katherine's way. Peter threw some more cereal.
"Thanks Peter, it's not like I'm doing anything," Kat called sarcastically picking her brother up and out of the fish tank. Giggling, Peter ran off upstairs to play while Kat started sweeping the floor again.

"Is there anything I can help with?" Shane asked the tired looking girl. Glancing up at Shane, Kat stood up and handed the dustpan and brush.
"You can clean the mess on the floor while I plate up dinner for everyone."
Nodding, Shane got to work listening to the eldest Plummer sing as she carried on with her tasks. She was gorgeous, he just wanted to stand behind her and wrap his arms around her plush waist. Finishing his job and putting the mess in the bin, Shane stared at Kat's figure while thinking about what Mrs Plummer had said.

Shane was broken from his trance by beeping. Gazing out the window a silhouette of a person could be seen trying to sneak past. Shane opened the back door quietly and approached the person. Using the small trampoline to give himself a boost, Shane dragged a teenager from the side of the house. Alarms started to go off and Shane held the teen by the back of his shirt when Zoe came outside closely followed by Kat.
"Oh my god. What are you doing you spaz? That's my boyfriend!" Zoe yelled.
"Your the one that's been breaking in!" Called Shane over the wailing of sirens. "Go back inside," he said to Zoe.
"No!"

The next door neighbour started arguing in Korean gaining Shane's attention and he took a photo of them before proceeding to apologise.
"We speak English buddy."
"About the sirens could you turn it off we own a bakery so we're up kind of early."
Shane turned the alarms off waving and apologetic hand as the couple left.

"Zoe, listen please go inside," spoke Kat from behind her sister.
Turning her rage Zoe blew up at Kat "Of course you're taking his side. You don't care about us. You don't care about Mom. And you don't care that Dad is gone. So for once in your life shut up and leave me alone!" Turning back to Shane she gestured to her boyfriend "Come on Scott let's go!"
Before the teen could follow the Zoe Shane grabbed the back of his shirt tighter than before "Oh no you don't. Give me twenty," Scott got out his wallet searching for money. "No! Not money! Push ups!"
"So?"
"Drop down give me twenty!"
Zoe just stood shocked as her boyfriend was made to do push ups, Kat was faintly smiling amusedly at the sight which Shane caught and smirked in success.

After everyone had eaten dinner Zoe ran upstairs while talking to Shane.
"Really nice move Lieutenant Smooth. Now he'll probably never speak to me."
"Then I did you a favour"
"Woah," Zoe held her hand out at Shane. "Personal bubble invasion!"
"Your mother was worried sick about you. You should call her and tell her the truth."
Zoe stood there "I'm sure you'll take care of that for me. Stay out of my life! And make sure that my stupid sister does too!"
"Do not. Bring. Your sister. Into this. Do you understand?" Shane said. "Now go to bed. I don't care if it's Saturday. For your attitude your staying in."
Zoe scoffed and entered her room with a slam of the door.

Shane looked away from Zoe's door to see Seth about to enter his room. "That goes to you too. Lights out."
"Bite me!" Seth scoffed and also slammed the door in his face.
"This family is in for a rude awakening" Shane grumbled walking down the hallway until he was stood in Peter and Tyler's doorway, Shane saw Helga doing the Peter Panda dance and decided to walk away without asking what was going on.

Back down stairs Shane stood and admired Kat from the doorway while she danced around the kitchen. Not wanting to accidentally scare her, he coughed to gain her attention.
"Oh sorry, I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. Do you need anything?"
"I just- What happened with Zoe earlier?"
Kat paused what she was doing after the question and turned around, "I don't want to talk about it," she whispered attempting to conceal her sadness.
Shane walked into the kitchen and hugged the female from behind, burying his head in the crook of her neck in the process. Kat smelled amazing like strawberries and she fit in his arms like a puzzle piece. Feeling the comforting embrace Kat sighed and leaned backwards into Shane placing her hands over his.
"Since just before I graduated high school, they turned hostile towards me. I'm not sure why, but they blame me for everything and it's so frustrating when I adore all of my siblings. I do college online in order to help around the house but..." Shane squeezed the girls middle just before she turned around and wrapping her arms around his neck.
"You don't deserve that. I've not even been here a day and I can see how hard you work."
Smiling appreciatively at Shane's words she hugged him tightly before saying goodnight.

"What are you doing to me Rin?" Shane asked himself before going to bed too.