8: Acting

Shane, Kat, Peter and Tyler were watching Zoe while she was doing one of her drivers ed classes, car kept stopping and starting and the instructor could be seen repeating things.
Shane had his arm around Kats waist with Tyler in the baby carrier on his front.
'Maybe the cashier from yesterday was right' thought Shane, kissing Kat's temple gently, making her lean into him more than she was already.
The car Zoe was practicing in all of a sudden swerved to the left and it crashed into something.
"Five dollars we're gonna have to go to the principal's office," spoke Shane in Kat's ear.
"I get the money if it doesn't have tho do with Zoe," smiled Kat.
"You're on," Shane gave his girlfriend a lingering kiss.

(Kat's outfit)

(Kat's outfit)

I'm the principal's office Kat sat on the chair, Shane stood behind her as Zoe occupied the other chair; Peter and Tyler were in the buggy and the principal and Murney were stood opposite the group.
"So she wrecked the drivers ed car? The insurance will pay for it," Shane said rocking the buggy back and forth.
"They were parallel parking," deadpanned Murney. "The instructor jumped from the car. But it's not about her, it's about the boy."
Kat smirked and held her hand out to Shane, he placed a five dollar note in her hand.
"Is he skipping class again?" Kat asked.
"Skipping class. He always skips sixth period but this is-" the principal started.
"Seth!" Murney shouted. Seth came through the door. "Take off the hat." Seth froze and looked at his sister and Shane.
"The hat?" Shane said. Seth sighed and took it off.
"Look at that," Murney said. "That's how he showed up for practice today. And that's not all, I was doing a little recon in his locker and I found this." Murney held up a Nazi armband. Shane and Kat looked at each other in shock and glanced at Seth then looked back at the principal and Murney. "Okay? Now if it was a girly magazine or a hamster, fine. Boys will be boys. But this, is sick," Murney finished pointing at Seth.
"Alright he dyed his hair. He's not a Nazi" Shane said.
"This is not normal. We're very concerned," spoke the principal before Murney could get another word in. The bell rang. "Alright kids, why don't you get back to class? Mr Murney, would you give us a minute?"
Once everyone left the principal spoke again. "Look, I'm sure this is about their father, we've tried to get Seth and Zoe to talk to a school psychologist but they won't. Maybe you could get through to them? See what's going on?"
"We'll talk to him and see what we can do" Shane said. The principal nodded and dismissed them.

Back at the house everyone was getting out of the car.
"Seth!" Kat called out to her brother as she was getting Tyler out of the car.
"We don't understand unless you explain it to us," Shane said catching up to Seth. "Why did you join the wrestling team if you hate it?"
"I did it because my father wanted me to," Seth shouted. "Look, I know you're trying to help but don't, I can take care of myself." Seth walked into the house after his mini rant.

Once everyone was inside and settled, Shane went upstairs to find Seth. Only to see his bedroom empty, his tracking bracelet on the bed and the window open without setting any alarms off.
"A refrigerator magnet," Shane spoke softly looking at what the oldest male had done. "Smart kid."
"You should talk to him," said Kat from behind Shane making him jump. "I've got the kids, go." She urged. Shane nodded and the two left Seth's room. Before Shane left he gripped Kat's face and kissed her.
"Stay here where you're safe," she just nodded and pushed him away.
"We're fine, just go."