Chapter 10

This chapter contains:
Slurs
Abuse
Throwing up
Panic attack

Will had a baseball bat in his hand. In front of him was his father. His father had a smile on his face. He was never happy with Will. This was his second try to hit the ball. "Come on son! Focus!" Lonnie yelled. Will didn't want Lonnie to be mad at him. He threw the ball again. Miss. "Come on!" He yelled. He got the ball the and threw it again. Miss. Will was scared of what his father might to him. Scared of what might happen. Terrified. He threw the ball once again. Miss. Will was crying now at this point. "Come on! Don't cry you faggot! Man up!" Lonnie yelled. He was getting angry now. Why couldn't Will do it? Why couldn't he hit the ball? Lonnie threw the ball as hard as he can. Miss. The ball landed right in his stomach. Honestly Lonnie was trying to aim for his face. But thank god it didn't. Will got down and threw up. "Disgusting queer." Lonnie said as he passed him. Jonathan came running out to help his brother.

Will woke up in cold sweat. Will has been having these dreams more often. It's hard living under the same roof as Lonnie Byers. It all started with the name calling. Then Lonnie got physical. It was like Will was his punching bag.

Will got up to go grab some water. Maybe that will help him. He got out a glass cup and filled it with water. He took it back to his room. He set the cup down and got out his mixtap Jonathan got him. He headed back to bed and put headphones on and mouthed the words of 'Should I Stay? Or Should I Go?'

'Darling you got to let me know. Should I stay or should I go?' The music played while Jonathan and Will bobbed their heads along to the beat. "You like it?" Jonathan asked his younger brother. "Yea it's cool." Will said. "Alright. You can keep the mix if you want." Jonathan said smiling. "Really?" Will asked smiling back. "Yes really. All the best stuffs on there. "Joy Division, Bowie, Television, The Smiths. It'll totally change your life." Jonathan said. "Yeah. Totally." Will said.

The two heard their mom arguing with Lonnie the the other room. Jonathan rolled his eyes and got up and closed the door. Jonathan turned down the music. "He's not coming is he?" Will asked. "Do you even like baseball?" Jonathan asked. "No, but it- I don't know. It's fun to go with him sometimes." Will said clearly lying. "Come on. Has he done anything with you that you actually like. You know like the arcade or something?" Jonathan asked. "I don't know." Will said. "No. Alright he hasn't. He's trying to force you to like normal things. And you shouldn't like things because people tell you your supposed to. Okay? Especially not him." Jonathan said trying to cheer up his brother.

Will nodded. "You like The Clash? For real?" Jonathan asked. "For real. Definitely." Will nodded. Jonathan turned the music up. The continued to dance along with the music.

Will smiled at the memory. A tear slid down his cheek. Will quickly wiped it off. It has been a while since he seen his brother. His parents are divorced. And of course his father got custody of him. He would do anything to see them again. Anything.

Will woke up from his sleep. He of course remembered the dream he had. He wanted to hang out with Max today. He hopes she wouldn't be busy. He wanted to talk to her about something important.

Will got up and phoned Max. "Hello?" "Hey Max!" "Will! Hey! What's up?" "Nothing much. You?" "Nothing either. You need something?" "Yeah! I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today. I want to talk." "Yeah! Of course. I'm free!" "Alright! See you!" "Bye!"

Will hung up the phone and headed to Max's house. Will ran up and knocked on the door. Billy answered the door. "What do you want?" He asked cigarette in hand. "To see Max." Will said. Will was actually pretty scared of Billy.

He nodded and let Will in. Will nearly ran to Max's room. "Come in!" Max yelled from the other side. Will came in and sat in Max's bed. "What's up?" She asked raising her eyebrows. "I have a problem." Will said. "We all have problems." Max said laughing a bit. When she realized this was a serious conversation she stopped laughing immediately.

Will sucked in his breath. "What problem?" Max asked. "There's something wrong with me." Will said. Max was know confused. "I don't see things other people do. I'm not normal. I never was. My dad constantly tried to make me into more of a man. But I couldn't. I have never have a girlfriend. Never once kissed a girl. Never had a crush in one. But guys. I always looked at guys differently. I kinda always wondered what it would be like to kiss a guy. I always thought guys were kinda cute. I don't know Max. I don't think I like girls. Maybe my dads right. Maybe I am a faggot. Maybe I am gay." Will rambled.

Max looked unamused. "Will. Your perfectly normal. Did you forget I am dating a girl." Max said. "I know. But it's hard." Will said. "I know Will. It's gonna be." Max said putting her hands on Will's shoulder. Will smiled at her. "You figured yourself out! That's good!" Max said. Will couldn't be happier to have a friend like her.

Will got and saw his father sitting on the couch watching TV. Will wasn't sure what he was watching. "Stupid fag!" He yelled. That word. Will felt a sharp pain in his stomach. Will ran to his room. All these negative emotions came rushing back. Tears welled in his eyes. His body started shaking uncontrollably. Will the started to sob and couldn't stop. He buried his face in his knees. He tried to take deep breaths to calm him down. But that wasn't working. Last time he had a panic attack he thought if happy memories.

He thought of his mom and him baking cookies. He played music a laid down. Hoping that this will calm him down. His eyes started to grow tired. Then it went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words: 1075