08.

She had already forgotten all of her concerns, including the devastating heartbreak at that point

She had already forgotten all of her concerns, including the devastating heartbreak at that point. On contrary, Jungwon couldn't quite understand her excitement. He let go and wore a grave expression once more. 

He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as he inquired with his soft and mellow voice; the one that had the power to spellbound her conscience and entice her into his sway.

"Does that change your heart?" 

Upon seeing the fear and desperation in the young vampire's eyes, her eyes softened. His eyes held uncertainty, pleading with her to say otherwise. 

"No," she said with no hesitation. And she truly meant it. Not even him being a vampire could change the way she felt about him. Nothing ever could. 

He brushed his fingers past his damp locks as he grew more anxious upon hearing her response and she wondered what was going through his head at that moment.

"No, this is not right. It was never meant to happen. None of it. It's all my fault." Her chest tightened at his words. She looked up to meet his frightened gaze.

He always took the blow for her and even now when she was proclaiming her love for him, he seemed to chide his own intents that made her upset.

"Jungwon," she placed her hand on his jaw, making him look her in the eyes, "What you said back there. Was it true?"

He hesitated at first, fixing his gaze on the ground. She slipped her fingers under his chin to draw his attention. His eyes held frustration, rage and a hint of despair. 

Her eyes grew softer upon the view.

"That's okay. You don't need to answer me. But please don't turn your back on me and let me be there for you," her voice wavered at the end, no matter how hard she tried not to seem weak in front of him.

Before she could remove her hands from his ghostly face, he stopped her by placing his cold hands over hers.

He gazed into her eyes, trying to convey all his feelings as he said, "It's not like that. It's just Please, I am not what you want. I am a wild beast and I am not supposed to love. This won't work. Ever."

Those words struck her heart like an arrow where the blood was already oozing out from the prior blow. After all this time, he was insecure? Only if she could tell him how beautiful he was. He was better than all those people out. For her, he was her everything. Only if he knew how much she adored him. Loved him. Cherished him. He was just perfect. Nothing matters to her anymore but him. 

"Jungwon, do you think I am that naive? I knew something was anomaly wrong with you. I didn't care, though, since it doesn't matter. I hoped to learn about it from you when the time's right. Would that make any difference? No. I love you Jungwon and nothing can ever change that. I don't care what you are. I just know that you are the one. It wouldn't hurt to love someone, right? But I can't take it anymore. It's getting harder to breathe," she paused, "These superficial things used to fascinate me. Now that I have come to utterly love one," she half-joked with her tightened chest.

She couldn't take it anymore and broke down in front of him for the second time today, not having single care about her bruised pride as she had nothing to lose now.