Alive

They sold one of the horses for a hefty amount of coin and a hot meal, food for the road to last them a week or more so they didn't have to waste time hunting and cooking the food, so they could get closer and closer to the wall faster.

So they rode together, sasha back pressed up against him. Ned's arms wrapped around her, he liked this better anyways.

'why didn't we do this sooner?' ned whispered in her ear. She smiled back at him.

'what do you mean?' she questioned bringing a hand around to his face, her fingers meeting his cold cheek.

'one horse.' He told her as if it was obvious. 'this is much better, warmer to.' he informed her, wrapping his arms tighter around her.

'I agree.' She whispered as the snow around them got heavier. And when they touched, even with the slightest brush of hands, her nerves feel like they're on fire among the snow.

They were getting closer to the wall, they hadn't come across any more assassins but they were trying to stay out of sight. Sasha worried more the closer they got. What if Jon wasn't there? what is Cersei had already infiltrated the wall's night watch? What if? What if? What ifs, ran through her mind. She bit at her nail nervously as ned made a fire for the night. They were in a cave tonight, providing some shelter and cover from the snow.

'whats wrong?' ned questioned seeing sasha clearly with the fire blazing before him. Her hand dropped from her mouth.

'nothing,' she forced a smile.

'come on, you don't have to lie to me.' ned said standing up from the fire and making his way to her.

'just thinking...' she said vaguely.

'about?' he pushed as he wrapped his arms around her, she snuggled into him.

'everything that could go wrong.' She mumbled into his chest.

'what about all the things that could go right?' he countered, running a hand through her hair. 'we made it this far... we cant give up now. cant let fear win.' Ned reminded her.

'Fear makes you weak. Fear holds you back. Fear nothing and no one and you will succeed every time.' Sasha quoted.

'who said that? surely not Robert.' Ned teased and sasha smiled up at him.

'Lyanna.' Sasha admitted. neds smile faltered. 'I was scared... I was five, maybe six and we were at winterfell...' sasha told him, her voice was soft and distant. 'there was a storm, the room I was in was shaking... a bird flew against the door... it went splat and I screamed.' Ned held her closer, his ears listening closely. 'lyanna heard me... I told her I was scared and she told me not to be afraid. She told me if I was to be queen one day I would have to be brave.' Sasha recalled. 'Lyanna helped me train when I was there, she taught me to hunt, precision shooting... I admired her. she was so brave. Before we left back for the capital, lyanna told me to be strong. Be fearless. Fear makes you weak and fear holds you back. Fear nothing and no one and you will succeed every time. I couldn't let anything hold me back if I were to be queen one day.'

'she believed in you even then.' Ned remarked. 'as I do. You will make a wonderful queen.' Sasha looked up to him. 'you are already a queen to me.' he whispered against her lips.

Neds lips were still caressing her. He kissed her earlobe and started nibbling on her neck. Her breathing became heavier. She wanted ned, she had always wanted him. she noticed how excited he was the strain on his pants more noticeable with every touch. Gently, he cupped her cheek, turning her face towards him, and looked deep into her eyes.

Their eyes met and sasha nodded eagerly. With a slight moan, he covered her lips with his own, moving in passion. Greedily their tongues explore each other until they match their movements, like a dance. With a smooth fluid motion, their bodies mingling and molding perfectly. he grabbed her hips to lift her up. Automatically she wrapped her legs around him and he placed them down on the cave floor.

'You make me feel like no one else has.' Ned had done this dozens of times with catelyn before but never had it felt this good, this right.

'No one?' Sasha questioned breathlessly

'No one.' He confirmed. 'You make me feel...' his lips trailing across hers as he trust into her. 'Alive.'

+++++++++++

Dead. Sasha felt dead the next morning. Her body sore, her hair a mess. She lay naked in his arms still though a soft smile appeared on her lips.

'Good morning princess,' he said eyes still closed but his hand wrapped tighter around her.

'Good morning lord stark.' She whispered turning in his arms so her chin was on his chest. Bare breast pressed up against his stomach. She looked up at him as he trailed a hand along her spine. Slowly he opened his eyes.

'Gods you're beautiful.' he told her kissing her. She savored it.