Chapter 11

Dan's POV

"Where do you want to go?" The taxi driver says from behind the dirty glass.

Phil gave him our address and we set off. 

I looked out of the window and stared up at the sky. Dark clouds loomed above us, they looked just like the ones in the movies, just before something bad happens. The three of us sat in an uncomfortable silence, at one point Phil tried to hold my hand, but I flinched back as soon as his hand came in contact with mine, not wanting the taxi driver to see. Then he gave me this sad look and turned to look out the window on his left.

Suddenly there is a deep grumble followed by a flash of lightning, and raindrops start showering down on the taxi.

"Here you are." The taxi driver says as we slow to a halt. I leave Phil to pay because I haven't got any money on me. He digs through his wallet and hands the taxi driver some cash. I open the door and get out, running to the shelter of our door to avoid the rain.

Suddenly I hear a loud crash and the sound of scraping metal from behind me. I throw myself onto the floor shrivelling up into a ball instinctively, waiting for something to hit me. I squeeze my eyes shut. The noise stops, I can hear the vehicle screech to a halt. I'm okay. Shaking with relief I sit up. Something must've hit the taxi. Then I remember.

I'm on my feet in a flash, looking around wildly through the heavy rain and darkness of the night. I turn to the taxi, praying Phil got out of the way in time. He had to be okay, he was Phil...

A car lay a couple of feet away from the damaged taxi. From the sides of the vehicles it looks like the car drove into the left side of the taxi, Phil's side.

I rush over, no longer shaking from relief, but from panic. My mind starts to imagine Phil lying on the pavement his torso crush by the weight of the car... I shake my head, trying to get the image out of my head. The raindrops feel like daggers on my back, each one falling harder than the last. My shirt is already soaked through, but I don't care. I see the taxi driver first, his nose is twisted awkwardly to the left and his body slumped forward, but I can see he is breathing. Good, maybe Phil was only knocked out. I move forward, stepping over bits of metal and that's when I see it. The door is open. Phil was getting out of the taxi just as the car hit them.

A/N

Hey! I actually published this on time! I hope you enjoyed this short chapter, and I will be uploading the next chapter soon. Anyway thank you minionlover1234 for the idea, I hope this is okay. Thank you all for reading this, it really means a lot and sorry not sorry for leaving on a cliff hanger again :)

-Me xx