Chapter 6

The day of the party

12:20pm

Niomi's POV

Marcus has been ignoring me all day. Not completely ignoring, he said good morning and muttered a polite conversation, but he isn't his usual self. I walk into the sitting room where Marcus is. His eyes are glued to the computer screen, probably hoping if he stares hard enough I'll disappear. I sit down next to him. His muscles tense. I look at him, his face, he looks so sad and angry. I hate seeing him like this.

"Marcus-" I start but he cuts me off.

"Do you like him?" He asks, his eyes not leaving the screen.

"Who?" I say but I know who he is talking before he says it.

"Alfie." His jaw clenches as he says his name.

"I like him," His hands clamp together. "As a friend." I finish. His head turns towards me.

"So what were you too up to?" He still looks pained. I give in.

"Alfie wants to ask Zoe to move in with him at the party and he needed my advice." I say looking down at my hands. I hope Alfie won't be annoyed.

"So you're not cheating on me?" He says a grin creeping onto his face. I look at him.

"No, I would never do that." I kiss him gently. "I love you."

"I love you too." He kisses me back. I feel a warm and tingly inside as I wrap my arms around him.

Tyler's POV

3:48pm

I sit on my hotel bed editing my latest video. The bit comes up where Troye and I start arguing. I bite my lip. Troye sounded so annoyed, it's not usually like him to snap. I cut that bit out. Will Troye still go to the party with me? He said we could get a Taxi around 7 to go to Jack's. I sit there pausing and playing the video. I grab my phone. Should I call him? That would be too awkward.

I spend a further 10 minutes crafting a message to Troye.

Do you want to meet around 7:10 to go to the party?

My thumb hovers over the send button. Suddenly my phone vibrates. It's a message from Troye.

Troye: Alfie and Zoe offered to take me to the party, they also will have Nala with them and I really want to see her. Sorry you'll have to get there on your own.

My heart drops. Zoe and Alfie offered? Why would they offer if they knew I was going with Troye? Maybe Troye didn't tell them? I quickly type a reply.