Resolve

Kaneki woke up due to the continuing chirping of the birds and the sun rays, which shined on his face. The man let out a groan, obviously being very reluctant to wake up. Only when Touka's scent finally reached his brain, did he remember that he stayed at her place. The half-ghoul opened his eyes and sat up, only to find Hinami still sleeping peacefully, the ukaku ghoul on the other hand wasn't in the room.

Kaneki rubbed the sleep fromhis eyes and took a better look at her room. It wasn't the first time he had seen it, but he never took the time to examine it carefully. There was nothing special about Touka's room, just a regular high school girl's bedroom. Aside for the lack of wrappers and mess. Books and papers lay on her desk, no posters or anything, instead there were some bunny dolls sitting on the sides. A bunny themed alarm clock, bunny themed pencil-case, he could go on. Quietly the white-haired man got out of bed, making sure the brunette didn't wake up and tiptoed to the door. He exited the room silently and found Touka sitting on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket, her attention completely locked on the television as she zapped through the channels. The half-ghoul wondered for how long had she been awake.

Kaneki stayed still on his spot, not moving one muscle, his gaze glued on the girl. After a few moments of silence the girl still hadn't moved an inch, so the half-ghoul decided to approach her instead. He soon found out that the ukaku ghoul was drifting between unconscious and awake. The moment she felt the man's presence, she looked up. "Good morning..." She mumbled groggily.

Kaneki stayed quiet, eyes fixated on the girl and his mind back to last night, to the girl's confession. Despite her mind registering slowly, she frowned at his quiet behaviour, more quiet than what she expected of him, but before she could open her mouth to say something, he closed the distance and pressed his lips gentle against hers. "You're beautiful." He murmured warmly, after they broke apart.

Touka was speechless, wondering where the sudden compliment and behaviour came from. Maybe he wasn't awake himself either. "Hh, thanks... Did you sleep well?"

Kaneki nodded. "What about you? I didn't expect you to be up already."

The ukaku ghoul stayed silent. Her face turned towards the television slightly. "... I wasn't feeling very sleepy..."

"Are you still troubled because of yesterday?"

Touka was silent and pointed towards the TV, telling the 19-year old to listen.

'A mass murderer has been committed in the 19th ward. A mountain of bodies has been found in one of the abandoned buildings. It is believed to be the work of ghouls. The CCG is unsure if it was a single ghoul or a group. The inhabitants are living in fear and it there are rumors about a possible evacuation. Furthermore...'

The two ghouls said nothing and continued to stare blankly at the screen.

"That happened near my old residence." The female finally spoke up.

Kaneki looked at his lover, speechless upon hearing the news. "Do you think?"

"Ayato isn't that reckless. He hates humans, but he prefers killing doves instead of a bunch of citizens and his appetite isn't that big."

The half-ghoul agreed with that, also despite the boy's denials, he cared for his sister and wouldn't want to do anything to bring her in any danger. "Do you think, that they would restart the search for you and your brother?"

Touka held up her shoulders. "Where would they start? They have nothing on us: no face, they can't trace us trough our father's kagune. We left the ward years ago. We're ghosts of the past. They could try and track us through our last names, but there are many citizens who share the same last names and we have no hospital or other records whatsoever."