Chapter three

HEATHER JOHNSON

I cut off the call with Nicholas after a while. I turned to Chase and the other boy who was with him.

"Who is he?" I asked, suspicious.

"My roommate" Chase replied curtly. Now what the fuck was wrong with him?

"I'm Jacob Gotschlich" the other boy introduced himself. He held out a hand but I didn't take it. "You know, I think you and Chase would make a great couple, you're just as obnoxious and grumpy."

I rolled my eyes. I bent down to pick up the gun that was on the ground and looked at the two boys sideways.

"Get out of here." I said.

Chase, completely ignoring my words, walked over to the door with the knife drawing on it, opened it, and walked down the hall. Jacob shrugged and did the same, but with the door with the boxing gloves drawn in the middle.

Sighing and asking for patience, I ordered myself to ignore them and went to the shooting room.

I had always had a mild interest in guns, and to now have them handed to me on a silver platter was a free invitation to learn how to use them.

Although it was going to be a bit slower, after all, I was going to learn on my own, without a teacher or someone to guide me.

But that didn't matter, I could spend between three to five hours getting in. Sure, I'd subtract my sleeping hours, but after checking that what Chase told me at noon today was true, I knew right away that I had to know how to defend myself in this place.

There was a giant book that taught me how to build all kinds of weapons. There was a box with hundreds of pieces to test what the book said.

It also said a couple of things that could help me handle the weapons more easily, if I was going to learn this, I had to be quick.

The shooting room was quite large. It had three large tables, dummies to practice with, and various other things.

I had not yet pulled the trigger for the first time, because the hour I had been here investigating had not given me time to do too much.

When I heard noises outside, my instinct made me grab the first gun I found, and even if I didn't know how to use it, it could be of some use to me. Luckily I didn't have to shoot anyone, and it was just a couple of dummies.

First I started with a pistol. There was a wall full of guns of different types, there were also silencers, spare bullets, and more.

I started practising with a dummy, first with the one that was closest to me. Of the ten bullets I used, four hit the dummy.

It was unlikely that the sound would be heard all the way to the boarding school, but still, as a precaution, I used the silencers. It was the best thing to do.

Two and a half hours later, I was all sweaty and with heavy muscles. The healthiest and most advisable thing to do would be to start slowly, but here I had the least time.

I needed to take a shower, but unfortunately, taking it in my room wasn't the best option because it would probably wake Louise up. There had to be bathrooms here, right? It made the most sense.

I walked out of the shooting room down the long corridor. In the main room of this bunker there were three doors that I named before, there had to be something else.

I felt around the walls with my hands. After all, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a secret door or something like that.

I jumped in fright when I put my hand on a part of the wall and a robotic voice spoke.