Chapter eleven

HEATHER JHONSON

I slowly open my eyes and try to stir in bed but my side hits something as I try to do so. I open my eyes with a start and scream as I realise my nose is brushing the ceiling.

"What...?"

I stand on the edge of the bed and look at the others who are hovering over their beds like me.

Except for Chase. My gaze travels to the bedside table where his necklace is.

"Chase!" I scream, pressing my eyes together "Wake the fuck up!"

I huff angrily because all I manage to do is wake everyone else but Chase, so I grab my pillow and throw it at him, waking him up at last. He looks at me disoriented.

"What the... Why are you all up in the air?"

"I wonder the same thing! Why have you taken off your necklace!"

"Do you want me to hang myself with it while I sleep?"

"Well, that wouldn't be a bad idea" I reply sarcastically.

He laughs softly, gestures with his hands and pulls down the beds.

Except mine.

"Chase, put me down."

And the son of a bitch kept laughing.

"Put me down now!"

"Are you afraid of heights?"

"You put me down right now or..."

"Or what, Heather?"

I feel my ears and cheeks heat up with rage.

"I want you to put me down, now!"

He laughed some more until he finally lowered me to the ground, where I felt much safer. I sighed in relief and looked at Chase, furious.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

He put both hands to his stomach, laughing his ass off.

"Shut the fuck up!"

He coughed a couple of times and put his hands behind his back, looking at me threateningly.

"Shut me up then."

I don't know if it's the anger of the moment that keeps me from thinking clearly, but the next thing I do is get up from the bed and go over to his and crash our lips together.

He wanted me to shut him up, so there you go.

I pull away from him with bated breath, turn and walk out of the flat, going to the third floor to clear my head.

I sit on the floor hugging my knees in front of the big window until it gets dark and I can see the endless stars that decorate the sky.

Now that my head is a little clearer, I return to the others, and when the boy notices my presence he runs to me and hugs my legs.

"Miss" he smiles, to which I barely smile back.

"Did you miss me?"

He nods.

"I'm hungry."

I grimace.

"Okay, let's see what we can eat, come on."

We head to the kitchen counter, and I scoop him up and sit him on it, since the stools are too low for him.

I rummage through the bags and pull out a can.