Chapter 18: The Party [Part I]

Candy in picture.

"Man you going to Candy party? You know they always deep." A guy named Sean asked Marcus. The party was the talk of the school. Candy had a good reputation with parties. They always ended up legendary.

"I don't even know. You know bout me and her."Marcus told him.

Sean shook his head. "Fuck all that. You know all the hoes be at her party. Plus it's been a while since y'all broke up anyways."

Imma think about it. I gotta see if Thena wanna go with me. She been acting different for the past couple of days and I wanna put whatever she mad about in the water."

"You a good one. I would of just said fuck the bullshit and cut it off on her ass." Sean told him.

" I can't do that. I've been liking this girl since the third grade. She used to hate me but now I feel like she actually loves me back."

"You really fell for this girl huh?" Sean laughed.

Marcus nodded his head yes. He never thought he'd be in love with anyone with the history he had. He used to probably have a different girl for everyday of the week. But he finally found the girl that was meant for him. "She the first girl that make me happy. I used to believe that I neva find love cause everybody think imma hoe. But Athena make me feel like my past don't even matter. Whenever she round me my life is easy. "

Sean laughed. "Can we chill with the sensitive shit? You know I don't got a girl."

"Maybe you might get one at the party tonight. But yeah I'll stop."

Sean looked around. He saw Athena walking towards them and shook his head. He started to get up and walk away. "Aye yo girl bout to come so imma leave so y'all can talk."

Marcus and Sean exchanged their special handshake and Sean walked off. Athena came and sat down with him. She exhaled and stayed silent. Marcus tried to playfully kiss her on the cheek but she pushed his face away. "Baby what did I do?"

Athena was boiling with rage in the inside. She was hurt that right after she began to love him, he would do such a thing. "Why don't you go ask those girls you're messing with?"

Marcus raised an eyebrow. "The fuck told you that? Now you should know damn well I ain't cheating on you."

"That's not what M-" Athena caught herself before she slipped. She couldn't let him know at the moment until she was sure he was cheating. "Marcus you used to be a cheater. Why shouldn't I think you're cheating?"

"Cause I'm fuckin not! I'm with yo ass almost everyday and night! When the hell could I cheat?" Marcus said begining to get loud. The people walking past stared in confusion as he snapped.

Athena shook her head. "Just know if I find out anything- we're done. I will not be cheated on twice." she said, as a tear began to form in her eye.

"You won't find out anything cause there isn't anything." Athena groaned and walked away. Marcus watched her walk away and to wondered to himself, "Who would tell her I'm cheating on her? "

And then he remembered something. Quise used to be with her and he never stopped trying to pursue her. Marcus groaned."This nigga really tripping now."

He scoured the whole school looking for Quise. He asked everyone about him and they all said they didn't know. When he was on the verge of giving up he saw Quise and some of his boys smoking weed outside.

Marcus ran up on him. Everyone told him to hold up but Marcus didn't mind them. He snatched him up by his collar. "Okay nigga you can fuck with me all you want but when he mess with my relationship- that's when you get yo ass handed to you."