Chapter 26: Don't Die

[Regular POV]

   Marcus paced around the room. He couldn't believe that his best friend, was shot. He knew those bullets were meant for him, so the guilt was killing him.

 Athena looked around the waiting room. Everyone around her looked so worried and scared. Candy was bawling her eyes out—keeping her face hidden. With any normal relationship Athena would've judged a relationship like Candy and Sean's. They had just became a couple a few weeks ago and already they showed strong emotions toward each other. But she knew how much they were meant to be together. Wherever they were together, it seemed like they were the happiest. They were like the model couple. They never argued, never cheated—even with Sean's promiscuous past. 

  Athena tapped Candy. Slowly Candy rose her head up and looked at her. Athena put her arms out and hugged her. She rubbed her back. "It's gonna be okay. He's gonna make it."

 Athena... I love him so much." she began crying again. "Yeah I know we're going a little fast but I can't imagine my life without him. He understands me more than anybody else."

 "I understand the feeling." Athena told her as she choked back her own tears.  She could only imagine the emotional wreck she would be if Marcus had gotten shot. She thought she'd probably be worse than her.

   Athena looked up at Marcus. He was still pacing around the room. The lady at the front desk was watching him the entire time. She was growing tired of the boy continuously walking and sighed. "Young man, I'm going to have to ask you to sit down."

  Marcus shot her a look. "I'm just worried. My best friend in there..."

 "I understand that and I'm sure the doctors are doing the best they can—"

   "That's all the fuckin' closure you can try to give me? My friend is back there shot because of me! If my dumb ass daddy wasn't still making deals even though he rich as fuck, maybe this shit wouldn't of happened! If he dies back there, that guilt gone be on me, not the fuckin' doctors! " A few tears fell out of his eyes.

  He remembered how the event happened clearly. He remembered Sean and him walking down the stairs when Marcus saw some shoes through the window he liked. They walked inside and Marcus asked to try the shoes on. When he bent over fixing the shoes, that's when the glass shattered and the room erupted in screams. He looked up and noticed Sean was shot. Marcus thought, if it wasn't for him wanting those shoes, maybe he would still be alive.

  Athena stood up and walked up to Marcus. "Calm down Marcus." She looked at the lady. "I'm sorry. He's just...nervous."

   The lady rolled her eyes. "Well get him under control before he gets put out of here."

 Athena walked back to her seat. Marcus was sitting beside the seat. He stared at the floor, thinking about his life. "This is my fault."