Chapter 11

"Well yeah, who else would I be?" He jumps down from the roof. "You were followed. Did you notice that?"

"I'm sorry what?!" Sabre whips his head around and looks back towards the cave, from the way they came. He sees a figure and they let their head drop, knowing they've been caught.

"Show yourself." Yellow draws his spear and holds his shield out in front of him, getting in front of his friends to protect them.

"Eh." Yellow turns back to the Great Librarian. "Leave them be, they're obviously not a threat." He walks to the right side of the building and waves his hand towards himself, beckoning them to follow. "Come along now." He says. "You have something I have knowledge of and you don't know what it is at all." He turns back to them and they're looking at him weirdly. "It has a strong smell." He explains.

"Oh uh.." Time nods. "Yeah, Jenga found this so we- well, I brought it with us."

The Great Librarian shrugs. "Well come on, the door's this way." He looks back at the person in the shadows. "You too, come on." They back away and the Great Librarian sighs. "We aren't hostile."

Sabre looks at them and waves his hand. "We don't bite, come on."

"Fine.." They step out of the dark, but they have a cloak on so their identity is concealed.

Sabre smiles. "We can find out who you are later." The strange person backs up again. "Or we won't at all. That's fine by me."

The Great Librarian walks around to the other side of the building. "Let's go you guys, this way."

They follow him and he leads them into the stronghold, a library to be specific.

"Of course.. you would live in a library." Sabre muses, looking around the room.

Time Steve looks around as well. "Not nearly as many books as the last one," he looks at The Great Librarian, "but I just can't believe you're even here."

The Great Librarian shrugs again, "Neither do I but it's better than rotting of old age up there, and forgetting everything and everyone I knew."

"Yeah, that's true."

"Anyways." The Great Librarian walks over to a corner in the library that has some more of the ore Time and Jenga found. "This.. well it's an ore, which I'm sure you figured out." He picks up the bag of it he has and turns back around to face his guests. "Mind handing what you have over to me?"

Time nods and holds it out, and The Great Librarian takes it. "What does it even do? And.. why's it glowing?"

"Well, have you ever heard of Netherite?"

Sabre perks up. "How do you know what that is?!"

Ryan nods. "Last time I checked the Nether doesn't exist here."

The Great Librarian chuckles. "It didn't, and then these.. strange things started happening." He looks down at the bag and empties it on an empty bookshelf nearby. "I believe you all know what I'm talking about." He picks up one of the gems, "These are called Lumanite."

"Lumanite?" Sabre walks over to him. "Yeah I can see it." He picks up one of the Lumanite gemstones. "What do they do again?"

The Great Librarian takes the Lumanite from Sabre. "Do you have any weapons or armour on you?"

"Uh, yeah.. here." He hands him a colourless spear. "What for?"

The Great Librarian ignores his question and walks to a different corner in the room. He takes the spear and places it on a table, and takes the Lumanite and puts it on the table next to the spear. He puts the other one, the one Sabre picked up, back into the bag.