Chapter 6 - New Eden

Jorg begins to tremble and hyperventilate, anxiety ridden and maddened at the loss of his furry little friend.

Jorg: HE-HE-HE

Jorgs little chest heaves as he tries to get the words out but they escape him as he's overwhelmed with rage and sadness.

Alpha: JORG! CALM DOWN! YOU KNOW HOW YOU GET WH-

Jorg: AAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!

Jorg loses control; clenches his fists as a wave of telekinetic energy blasts forth from his body sweeping canvas tents, humvees, sandbags, various military hardware and the recently injured commander, slinging them across the vicinity at a great speed and distance.

The commander slams into and clings to the nearest solid object, a light pole as Jorg fires off wave after wave of telekinetic energy. Alpha using his own to barely keep his footing as the telephone pole bends and then snaps tossing the commander through the window of a nearby building.

The commander cannot be seen through the darkness of the unpowered, abandoned building but can be heard yelling among the sounds of broken glass and shearing metal.

Commander: GODDAMNIT! MY ASS!

Jorg: HE-HE-HE-HE!

Jorg's little body keeps resonating and trembling with telekinetic energy.

Alpha uses his power to break through Jorg's onslaught and try to calm him.

Alpha: JORG! STOP! YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME! USE YOUR WORDS!

Jorg listens and gradually begins to calm himself.

Jorg: He.....he's gone...THEY KILLED ALF ALPHA! THEY TOOK HIM FROM ME!

WE WERE GONNA SEE THE UNIVERSE TOGETHER

HE WAS MY DAWG! MY BEST BUD!

Alpha glares at Jorg

Jorg: MY OTHER BEST BUD....

ALPHA! I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT ALF!

Alpha: We'll get you another dog, Jorg.

Jorg: NO ALPHA!

You don't get it; he kept me cool. He gave me purpose. He didn't judge me or see me any differently like everyone else. I was just his peepaw.

THERE'S NO OTHER DOG LIKE ALF ALPHA!

Alpha: Then we'll get you the next best thing!

Jorg: What?

Alpha: Vengeance!

Jorg: Vengeance....you're right! I'M GONNA TEAR THOSE SPACE PIGS A NEW ASSHOLE!

....OR JUST AN ASSHOLE?

......WHATEVER!

Just as Jorg finishes speaking the cellular phone begins to vibrate within Alpha's pocket; he pulls it out and stares at it curiously then presses a button which answers on speaker phone.

Alpha: WHAT!?

Luna: ALPHA DON'T YELL AT ME!

Alpha: I'M SORRY! I'M JUST DEALING WITH ALOT! THESE FUCKIN SPACE PIGS JUST KILLED JORGS DOG AND HE'S LOST HIS SHIT!

Luna: You're still yelling...

They killed Alf? How?

Alpha: Scared him and he ran into a burning building.

Jorg gazes down at the ground sadly: Alf....

Luna: I'm so sorry to hear that... Please give Jorg my condolences!

Jorg still looking at the ground: condolences won't bring my dog back....

Luna: Alpha did you manage to stop the aliens?

Alpha: No...they just won't die. They blipped away and I've got no idea where the hell they went.

Luna: They're spreading all across the country, destroying anything remotely edible within sight. Don't worry about that right now though. I need both of you to get back here we've found something....I think.

Alpha: Alright...Time to go Jorg!

And the two blip away...

Commander: GUYS....I CAN'T MOVE! I THINK SOMETHING IS BROKEN!
OR MAYBE EVERYTHING?
I DUNNO BUT IT HURTS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER!

GUYS!?!?

...........

YOU ASSHOLES!

The two appear back in the White House briefing room as Alpha begins speaking to Luna with the phone still held up to his face.

Alpha: OK WE'RE HERE!

Luna: You don't need the phone anymore Alpha....

Alpha: ......oh

He tucks the phone away back into his pocket as Luna waves them both towards a computer screen and Alpha steps forward.

Luna: Look!

Alpha: What is it?

Luna: It's a live feed of the stock market, which has plummeted since this whole ordeal began but that's not what's import-

The USSF Rep who is now back in the briefing room is standing over Jorg and staring down at him with a concerned look on his face.

USSF Rep: Is he ok?

Jorg can be seen in the corner of the room smashing crystals with a paperweight sobbing intermittently while humming a tune and trying to sing lyrics.

Jorg: *sobs

Noooooo-

*sobs again

It's aaaalll ooooover

*sobs even more

He ain't.....he ain't...he ain't ever comin' back-

Jorg starts sobbing uncontrollably

Alpha: No he isn't, his puppy just died.

USSF Rep: Awww I....I understand how you feel little buddy. My best friend died once too when I was very young and it broke my heart.

Jorg looks up at the Space Force rep with tears in his eyes.

Jorg: Th-th-th-thank you daddy...

The space force rep just lets out a deep impatient sigh and walks away.

Luna: What I'm trying to show you is that while the stock market is crashing there's one company that has been consistently buying up every single compromised stock portfolio one after another in quick concession.

Alpha: What company?

The NASA Rep steps forward

NASA Rep: New Eden....

Alpha: What is New Eden?

NASA Rep: An off-world paradise; the pinnacle of the private sector in space colonization and astronomical research. Though it's more of a luxurious tourist destination for the elite class of humanity.

Luna: The founder and owner of New Eden is Geoff Beezos; also known as the "richest man off the planet".

Alpha: Yeah that's humanity for you, you finally get a grip on interstellar space travel and you sell it off to the highest bidder.

Luna: This can't be just a coincidence.

Alpha: It could be but I'm pretty sure it most definitely isn't. We'll go and investigate in the meantime wait here and we'll be back soon.

Luna: Alright, I've got something else I'd like to look into anyways.

Alpha: Alright Jorg; let's go get our vengeance!

Jorg: ......okay

Luna: Cheer up Jorg!

Jorg: .........I'll try Luna

Jorg drags himself out of the corner towards Alpha and the two *blip away to New Eden.