Chapter 8 - Paradise Lost

The creatures scatter in every direction devouring everything within sight as Jorg and Alpha sprint towards the control room of the facility.

In the control room standing before them is Geoff Beezos.

Geoff Beezos: NO! YOU CAN'T!

Alpha: Can't is the cancer of happen!

Jorg: VENGEANCE!

Jorg fires the "potato cannon" at Geoff Beezos who dives out of the way as the dog food hits the control panel.

*SPLAT

A solitary Space Pig rushes towards the control panel and hits a big red button covered in dog food with its snout.

An automated feminine voice relays a message as a loud alarm sounds:

SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE INITIATED

WHOOP WHOOP! WHOOP WHOOP!

Geoff Beezos: I KNEW I NEVER SHOULD HAVE PAID TO HAVE THAT INSTALLED!

Alpha snaps his fingers and the alarm sounding throughout New Eden is instead replaced by the song "Paradise" by Coldplay.

The melody fills the air, the notes flooding every space within the colony as the Fission Reactor within it goes critical and the Space Pigs tear apart the colony scouring for food.

The walls begin to shake and the foundations crumble as people who once walked with a stride of superiority and vanity now trample one another in an attempt to flee the station.

The older gentleman now stealing and dawning the dresses from the colony storefronts in an attempt to reach the shuttles and escape pods first.

As the chaos and melody erupt around them both Jorg and Alpha hold their hands over their hearts and recite the words to the poem "New Colossus"

Alpha: Give me your tired, your poor!

Jorg: YOUR HUNGRY!

Alpha: Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free!

Jorg: YOUR SWARM OF SPACE PIGS THAT REALLY WANNA EAT!

The two watch as the facility shakes and trembles, slowly being ripped apart by the overloaded fission reactor; fires break out below in the lower decks of the facility. All of the decadence and glory of the once lavish station now a burning, smoldering wreck of chaotic disaster and wanton destruction.

It’s an eerily beautiful scene, as the fissures slowly spider outwards and crumble beneath the compromised structure of the station the lyrics and melody drown out the screams of abject horror and blasts of pressurized explosions in an almost fitting display of cause an effect. Of retribution. Of justice.

A solitary tear slowly sheds and crawls down Alpha’s gaunt cheekbone as he is overwhelmed by the scene playing out before him.

Alpha: It’s.....it’s beautiful.

Jorg grins mischievously

Jorg: It is, isn’t it?

Alpha places his hand on his compatriots shoulder pridefully.

Alpha: It is, Jorg....it’s....”magnificent”.

And through it all; the space pigs pay no mind....

Suddenly, the entire station begins to tremble and quake, unstable from the cataclysm spreading from within.

Alpha: Let's go Jorg!

And so the two *blip away, once more.

Jorg and Alpha arrive again standing in the field below New Eden, gazing upwards as the station lights up the night sky with a massive explosion that causes an atomic reaction; not unlike a mini supernova. The fission reactor implodes upon itself birthing a miniature black hole that swallows the remnants of the station in it’s entirety, which disappears from our solar system forever.

Jorg: ......I feel kind of bad for them

Alpha: I know Jorg, it's wrong. They never deserved that fate. They were used as pawns by an elitist dickhole in order to manipulate and assert control over an entire planet too focused on propaganda and bullshit to realize who their real enemy actually was this entire time.

Jorg: I hope wherever they went...they know peace.

Alpha: Me too Jorg.....Me too.

Somewhere in a distant galaxy, in a distant star system, over a distant alien planet the song "thriller" starts to play; as an explosion punctures through the darkness of space and lights begin to flash one by one above the alien world.

It's denizens look up at the night sky as thousands upon thousands of shooting stars fall to the planet, bursting through it's atmosphere and catching fire in a spatial anomaly that has never been witnessed before...