Chapter 23

Accepting the Quest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up amongst flowers on a very uncomfortable stone table. Who the hell put me on here?

If it was Aiden then I'm killing him.

It wasn't like I was dead.

Aiden was resting on a chair in the corner, his stubble had grown into a beard and mustache. He probably hadn't moved for the whole time I was in a coma. How long was I out?

Aia walked in, about to wake Aiden when she saw me sitting up. "Ana!" She exclaimed, rushing over to help me.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked her, noticing I was dressed in a long white gown and my hair was extremely long. 

"I did the best I could to heal you... but your mind wouldn't respond. We've also been keeping Octavia under watch, by the way, but whatever did this is completely back inside her cage. It's been two years." She replied, holding out an arm as a almost fell.

Aia sat me down on another chair, going back over to Aiden. Shaking him didn't work, so she slapped him, hard. 

I stifled a laugh.

"What?" He grumbled, annoyed to be woken. 

"That's bad for your neck." She replied, and walked back over to me.

"Hi, honey." I whispered, and he looked up in surprise.

"Ana." He breathed, standing up quickly and walking over to me on wobbly legs.

Hugging him, I realized that the only adventure I needed, the only one I wanted to go on, was right here in front of me with my family, my pack.

Except for one last one.

Adrianna.

I noticed that Aia went to get Eri and Kate, and when I saw them, Eri ran over to hug me.

"Hi mom." She whispered into my hair.

"My Eri. My little Eri. All grown up." I pet her soft, short hair and sung my lullaby to her.

"There's something I have to do. But I promise I'll be right back and no comas or time-things." I whispered, and I saw Aiden nod behind Eri's head.

Kate smiled understandingly, even though I didn't tell them what I was doing, our pack bond was stronger. I could feel it. They could sense my emotions and they knew I HAD to do this.

"Adrianna? Are you there?" I asked as I walked on the grass field alone, towards nowhere.