Chapter 9 Part 2

A/N- This is Part 2 of Chapter 9, my all time longest chapter yet! Please enjoy!

bluebells -------------------->>>>>>

~~~~~~~~~

Calling the Wolves Part 2

~~~~~~~~~

(Ana's POV)

"We just have one problem." I said.

"What's that?" Margret asked.

"I have absolutely no idea how to call the other wolves out there."

~~~~~~~~~~~

(Aiden's POV)

Pain.

That was the only way to describe what I felt when Ana left with Kate.

I could feel blood pulsing through my veins as the pain turned to anger, then to sadness. There was no possible way that Ana was going ahead with Kate. I knew she was going back for her family. Nick. His wife and kids. That's all she had left of her connections.

I let out a heavy sigh, the sadness and pain showing in my eyes as my pack looked at me for directions.

"Lets go." I said, starting to walk where Kate had started running.

I kept my nose open to any new scents, as well as Kate's, Ana's, and Eri's.

After about two miles of walking, I noticed Ana's scent was gone. My voice was almost caught in my throat when I said, "Let's keep going." Because I knew that the rest of my pack could smell it too- Kate's and Eri's scent had kept going, but Ana's had disappeared completely.

After about another mile, I could hear the sea. The damp was in the air, the sun was starting to set.

I tensed, smelling a wolf nearby, but I relaxed as soon as a big wolf with a child on her back walked into the clearing.

"Kate." I sighed. The anger started to rise when I realized that she should be the one to tell me why Ana wasn't with her.

'Stop!' She yelled in my head before I got too close to turning. 'I can explain.'

I gave her a look that told her she had about two minutes to explain what was going on before we had the biggest fight of the century.

'Ana just took off. I didn't dare follow her. She needed to go find them alone.'

"Them?" I asked aloud. The odd looks on my pack's faces told me that they were only hearing a one-sided conversation.

'Nick. His wife and kids.' She replied. 'We haven't talked since she turned back, but I know something is going on and she'll be all right.' She reassured me.

I growled in frustration. I wanted to know what the hell was going on, and I wanted to know now.

"Fine. We'll set up camp here. Kyle, figure out who's doing what please." Kyle nodded and started giving out orders.

'She warned me not to follow her.' Kate said. 'She is my Luna after all.'

Dammit Ana! I punched a tree, and it fell backwards.

Kyle just went on giving orders as if nothing had happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Ana's POV)

That night, I dreamed. Not of flowers and rainbows, not of Eri's crazy town, not even of my past life of being tortured and killed.

For the first time in a very long time, I dreamed of my mother. My true mother.

My sweet mother who raised me on planet Earth and got killed by the biggest badass around, who I just so happened to have killed.

Not my mother of Avalon. But my mother who knew Mr. Kenny and Nick. My mother who loved me and taught me language and art.

It was in the late afternoon; the sun was setting. She, with her long brown hair and her beach tanned skin, was sitting on a swing. A mini me next to her. It was an old playground. People tended to leave early in fear of things that might have happened there such as some old crazy drunk sleeping on the slide.

But my mom was a fearsome beast who would protect her child. She was nice to people and people were nice to her.

The old, homeless drunk walked in the gate.

She showed no fear of him. He was practically harmless against her powerful claws and teeth.

'Raymond.' She said, 'Come here and enjoy a picnic with us.'

He went to her and sat just off the blanket she had laid down.

'Please, you can't possibly enjoy a picnic in the dirt, come sit on the blanket.'

He said, 'Thank you miss, but I couldn't possibly dream of getting it dirty, nor scaring your child.'

'Anabelle isn't scared of anything. Isn't that right dear? I insist, Raymond, join us.' Her bell-like voice was kind, and inviting. Like home.

'Thank you kindly miss.'

She smiled, and lit the little candle lantern and passed out sandwiches and orange soda.

A tear crawled down my cheek as the memory that had almost been lost was reborn.

Raymond was a nice old man. He had told me jokes and played tic-tac-toe with me.

The tear that was crawling had finally fell, and from it grew a flower.

The mini me was walking around the playground, and when she reached where I was standing, pointed to the flower and said, 'Mommy, look! This one is shining.'

My lip trembled. I had found a flower like that, it was preserved in a jar at my home. Or at least it was. I wasn't sure whether or not it was still there after everyone was killed.

My dream changed.

I was in a forest. My red haired mother looking at me solemnly.

Her pale skin was lit up by the moonlight. Her eyes filled with sorrow.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"No." I replied, "Don't be. Thank you for giving me that memory."

"It was a good one to remember. That old man, he died a few weeks ago, in Kenton. After he had witnessed your parent's death he had looked for you everywhere, for years trying to make sure you were safe."

I looked at her, confusion clear across my face.

"He had thought, 'what would happen to that poor girl now if she had no parents?'"

I stared at her, shocked.

"He had sworn to his god to protect you, gave up drinking, and even went into the burned down house that you used to live in to find this."

She held up an old jar, ash and dirt covering it. Inside was a perfectly preserved, glowing flower.

"It's a bluebell, you know. 'A hyacintho campana similis est mediocris florem, delinifica, magicales'."

"A blue bell is like a fairy flower, enchanting, magical." I didn't know how I knew that, but I did. And I knew that the flower my mother was holding in the little worn out jar, was, in fact, a fairy flower.

I knew because I was the daughter of magic. And what I found back then was because she had shown me the dream today, and from my tear, had grown a magical flower.

Now that flower would be the answer to everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~

End of Chapter 9 Part 2