Chapter 17

~~~~~~~~~

My eyes opened wide as she walked through the wall.

Quickly as I could, I followed her, stumbling through and then falling down a bunch of stairs. 

Octavia sighed as she stood aside as watched me tumble.

"A little help would've been nice." I grumbled as I stood up and headed down the corridor. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Deserted Castle

~~~~~~~~~~

(Ana's POV)

I walked on. Well... limped on. I knew I should wait for Octavia and Aiden, but I was so close. To ending this. I stopped suddenly. Before me was a big. Green. Hedge. Maze.

"You have got to be kidding me!" I shouted. Then I slapped myself. Stupid, stupid you just told all your enemies you're here!!

I groaned and started through the maze. 

~~~~~~~~~~

(Aiden's POV)

"You have got to be kidding me!"

"That was Ana!" I hissed.

"Yes." said Octavia, drawing her sword.

A bunch of spears shot at us from the wall as I stepped on a stone that sank about an inch.

She cut them all in half and continued walking like nothing happened. 

I rolled my eyes and followed. 

~~~~~~

(Ana's POV)

Another dead end. I sighed. I was horrible when it came to directions.

"Was it always turn right or left when you're in a maze?" I mumbled to myself as i turned around and kept my hand on the left wall. 

That was when the left wall disappeared. I hung my head and saw that I was in a circular area now. 

Groaning, I sat down and decided to rest my ankle.

~~~~~~

(Octavia's POV)

So far we had passed 23 traps and activated one of them by accident. I guess I could have warned him that it was there, but it was easier to just get rid of that one.

I wondered if Ana had suffered from traps so far. They weren't placed very well. If you walked like Aiden and I were, then the traps were placed off to the sides and stuff. As if they were for someone sneaking in. 

"I think maybe we should rest." Aiden said, about to step on another trap.

Grabbing his collar, I said, "Not here. We are almost caught up to Ana."

That perked him up a bit and we kept walking without much trouble. When we reached the maze, I knew for a fact that Ana was stuck inside. Her sense of direction was terrible and the maze was probably trapped as well.

"Let's go." I said. Aiden had been staring at the massive hedge looking ready to fight.

~~~~~~

(Ana's POV)

"Ana!" Aiden's voice was both relief and concerning for me. I didn't want them here. I wanted to face the evil alone first.

I didn't respond so he kept calling me. They were in the maze. I needed to keep moving without them. A door had opened on the far side of the circular area, so I got up and went out that way. With Octavia's keen senses, they were bound to make it out faster than I was. 

But for some reason I knew that the maze wanted me to get to that golden room alone. It opened doors and led straight to the exit this time. 

~~~~~~~~

(Aiden's POV)

"I thought you said she was in the maze." I said to Octavia.

"She was. She got out. Something is working against us here, but is leading her straight in."

"I hate magic." I mumbled.

"Learn to like it. Both your daughter and your mate are magic."

"I hate evil magic then."

~~~~~~~~~

(Ana's POV)

I was here. The final tunnel opened up into a gigantic golden room. It was crowded and shadow and darkness.

Anger took over me.

"What are you doing in Faery? Why are you attacking Avalon? Why are you attacking us? How are you attacking us? And you know what... Who are you?!?!?"

A voice that sounded soft and hurt spoke. "It...can't be...you...died."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of Chapter 17.