'steve's gonna be so mad.' - eddie munson

this reading takes place in season four, when eddie has to stay in reefer ricks while he hides away.

———————

after a long day of fighting and arguing with people and steve, you just wanted to go to sleep. you fought 3 people in total today, and nearly got stabbed to death. luckily, before it was your time, dustin came to the rescue and nancy fixed you up.

you and the entire crew headed back to reefer ricks, to go grab eddie. he's been staying in there long enough, and you guys didn't know how much longer he had before people started to find him.

during the ride back, you and steve were arguing who was going to watch over eddie at night. you didn't really like eddie overall. he was weird. like, really weird. he spoke some weird way when referring to everything that was going on, and whenever you guys were arguing, he would always flip you the bird or stick his tongue out at you.

recently, there had been some tension between you and eddie. seemed like he knew when you were upset, or mad. he knew when your stomach hurt, when you were about to cry, when you were getting tired, almost everything. you found it really creepy.

you were laying in the very back-seat of nancy's car, trying to catch your breathe before saying something back at steve. but, i'm doing that, you nearly passed out from exhaustion and pain.

"see! what did i tell you y/n! you're staying with eddie, so you can get some rest. i don't care what you say."

you rolled your eyes and turned over and looked out the window. you did this when you were angry or upset, a lot.

after about an hour, you guys finally arrived at reefer ricks.

"okay. i'm walking in here first. everyone will follow after."

nancy followed after steve, then robin, then you. you tried your best to protect the kids as much as you could, but after everyone saw that eddie was no where to be found, you had a sinking feeling in your stomach that something bad had happened to eddie.

you ran in front of steve, almost bending over in pain, but something told you inside to find him.

"what did i just say y/n?? dammit!!"

you pushed past everyone, and saw that the boat with tarp was gone. it was pretty dark out, so it wasn't easy to see. after standing for a bit, you could start to hear gurgling of water, and bubbles pop from the surface.

"SHIT! EDDIE!!"

as you said this, more water started to overflow. you looked down and sighed, tightening your tape around your wound, and jumping in the water. if eddie stayed in place, it wouldn't take you too long to get over there. his boat was also in place, so you could push him up there too.

you started swimming as fast as your body could take it. pretty soon, the gang got outside too. you saw eddie struggling to breathe and nearly inhaling water.

you swam faster and got up for air, before you pushed yourself back down and wrapped one arm tightly around his waist, and the other tightly gripped on the back of his jacket.