'anxious, thats all.' - eddie munson

you sat at the end of eddie's mattress, waiting for the rest of the gang to come back with food and more details about vecna, and how he killed chrissy.

you look over to see eddie biting his nails and his legs shaking.

you and eddie never really liked each-other. i mean, a popular girl and a freak show d&d player getting along? in your dreams. getting into arguments constantly, never ever, i mean ever even able to hold eye contact?

you got stuck with eddie, because you knew how to fight, and well, eddie didn't, so of course, this was destined to happen.

"what are you looking at?", he said, eyes glossy red.

"obviously you, dip-shit."

he looked down, sniffing. oh no. we're you too mean?

you batted your eyes over to him once again, feeling sympathetic. he turned away, and wiped his face.

"e-eddie?", you said softly.

"w-what?!", he said angrily. was he angry? or sad?

"are you, o-oka-"

"no y/n! i'm not fucking okay! this whole town hates me because i apparently killed chrissy cunningham, the queen of hawkins high, i have to get out of the town somehow, and i myself don't even know what the fuck killed her!! so if you could just-"

without letting eddie finish, you walked over to him, and gave him a tight hug. not even a hug, a tight squeeze. as much as you disliked being around the freak, man did he look anxious.

"i-i'm sorry okay? i-"

you quickly lost air when he squeezed back, and ran his fingers though your hair.

"i-it's okay. i'm anxious, that's all.", he says, still sort of uncomfortable from the sudden touch.