Ch.10 Give 'em something to talk about

Morning came far quicker than I was ready for. Artimus and I laid awake most of the night discussing all we had learned from Clark. We went over his suggestion to plant a spy of our own, but ultimately decided against it.

Not that we didn't have somebody trustworthy enough, but we decided the risk to their life was greater than the reward. And so, we devised a little plan of our own.

The sun had barely risen when I took my seat in the conference room. Kade followed shortly with Clark on his heels. Alabaster, one of my greatest generals also joined us, as did several of our warriors.

We made chit chat as we waited for Carrie and the kitchen crew to cater to us. Appetites sated and chit chat waning, I cut to the point. I explained who Clark was and what he told me. I also explained how reaching Captain worked, occasionally casting a quick glance Clark's way to be sure I was being accurate. I also informed the group of Thomas's betrayal, earning a chorus of low growls. None mourned his demise.

"Clark suggests we plant a spy of our own. Someone to report back to us of course, and somehow signal us when Captain comes knocking. But after I thought it out, I do not believe this to be the best course of action."

I could see the disappointment on Clark's face.

"It's not because this wasn't a good plan Clark. Not at all. But I couldn't forgive myself if one of my people lost their life while we all played manhunt. There is too much that could go wrong. I refuse to lose anybody if it can be avoided."

Clark nodded, and after moment of reflection, he perked up.

"Okay, I understand. But I'm assuming once you nixed that plan, you came up with one of your own?"

"Of course." I smiled wickedly. "It's what I do."

A low rustle of chuckles followed my statement.

"So, according to our new ally, The Order of the Claw seeks out wolf's with unique abilities, wolves..." I paused to guage the room... "Like me."

Not one of my men flinched. None suddenly lost faith in me because I was different. I was utterly humbled.

"If I may Queen Luna, could you elaborate?" Alabaster dared to speak up.

And so, I did. I was tired of hiding behind closed doors and in dark corners. I spilled my secrets to those present. I told them of my lineage, of my descendance from the Gypsy Gail pack. I told them how I was raised and prepared, about Mahala and her warning. I told them of Lady Selene and how she spoke to me the night she gave me my wolf. I told them everything.

When I finally finished my take Alabaster silent stood and approached me. He then fell to bended knee and pressed his hand firmly to his chest.

"I always knew there was something special about you Luna Amina. I've served under your father since he was a young pup. I saw the things you were taught, heard whispers in the halls. But never did I believe it until it fell from your lips. May I be the first to bow before the Hand of Lady Selene. It's an honor to serve you."

I was shell shocked. I certainly didn't expect that. I was further humbled when every other wolf present, Clark included, rose and joined Alabaster in his bow and sentiments.

"I...I don't know what to say. Thank you Alabaster, thank you all. You honor me." I breathed out.

They nodded curtly before returning to their seats.

"Now, with that out of the way, what did you have in mind Queen Luna?" Alabaster beamed.

"I was thinking, since we're apparently already being watched, we figure out how Thomas was sharing information and let them know there's going to be another gathering. An announcement party if you will."