38. Scars

Dr. Kelly introduces herself then continues to check me poking and prodding at me and messing and checking the machines.

James holds my hand the entire time and when she goes to check my side she moves the blanket and the hospital robe I am wearing, I see a bandage with a lot of blood on it.

I start to panic and James put his hand firmly on my chin and pulls me to face him.

"Just look at me, she had to stitch it and you aren't healing as fast, you don't want to see it baby" he kisses my forehead and I close my eyes and take in a deep breath when she wipes around it. Probably trying to clean off more blood.

James givees my hand a small squeeze and I look up at him and he is looking down at me with a small smile on his face.

"Do you know how happy I am to see those gorgeous eyes again" he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and runs his finger down my jaw.

I get lost in his eyes and try to give him a small smile back.

He whispers sweet things to me as the doctor cleans and rebandages my wounds, it stung a little bit but James was quick to distract me whenever he could tell it hurt.

He told me how glad he is that I'm awake, and how worried he was. I am too busy focusing on James and getting lost in his eyes that the next thing I know the Doctor is saying she is all done.

"Now you technically could go home tonight. However, I want to keep you here for a couple more hours of observation. Preferably over night but I know you have a lot of family to see. If I let you go tonight, you have to promise to come back if the stitches open, if you get dizzy, or if the pain in your side gets any worse." she pauses and looks directly at James.

"You have to be very careful. No sudden movements, it might hurt to move around, and take it easy. Get plenty of rest, drink plenty of fluids and eat every meals and snacks in between if you can. You need to get your strength back up to heal quicker, understood?" she looks at me. I nod my head and she says a quiet okay then says after dinner tonight I can go back to my family.

James spent the rest of the day with me. Cole and his mate left with the doctor and said they would see me later. I forgot to get his mates name but I'm sure I'll see her later. There is something just so familiar about her.

James had someone bring us lunch and he ate with me while we watched tv and cuddled.

I took a nap after lunch and James woke me up around dinner time. He said the doctor said I could go back to my parents now and my mom brought clothes for me while I was sleeping.

I really wanted to talk to them considering I only got about five minutes before everything happened. Thats when I remembered Molly is in this house. I look at the door panicked. Did James tell them? Was she going to be waiting for me when I got out there?

"Hey princess shh calm down, Molly is being held in a cell. I told your parents she was apart of you kidnapping and being held but I didn't tell them anything else. I promise, she won't get to you again." he kisses my forehead and I nod taking a deep breath. I notice the clothes sitting at my feet and look at James.

I decide I need a shower and mind link James and he nods his head.

I try to move to get out of bed and James quickly helps me. Once I am standing on my feet I can feel the stiffness and pain in my abdomen. I close my eyes and take a couple breaths before trying to walk.

It's difficult and takes a lot of energy but I can somewhat move on my own. I can definitely feel the toll its taking on my body trying to heal.

"Baby can you please just let me help you? I don't want you opening your stitches or getting more hurt. I promise not to do anything just please let me help you" he comes over and grabs my hand and wraps his other and around my waist on my good side.