Down To Earth

(A/N) Sorry for not updating in a month! :( busy from school and I didn't have a lot of inspiration.

(Queen's POV)

I held the picture up once more. It's couldn't be. It just couldn't. Blaze had been gone for quite some time, maybe already twenty minutes. I had lost track of time. My head was spinning, and it hurt. Why would the son of Mephilis be with my daughter? She must have been kidnapped. But then why were they in public? They must have been relocating her. But they would have stayed away from the city. I tried not to crumble the photo in my hand.

My head was spinning with questions. No, I have to stay calm, I am a queen. My people need me. I calmed myself down. Blaze soon came back with Sir Silver. "Shall we go?" Blaze asked, while Sir Silver was kneeling down beside her. She doesn't need to kneel, of course, since she is my adopted daughter. Yet she still calls me queen and not mom or mother. "Yes, depart immediately." I confirmed. Her and her partner left the room leaving me to my thought's mercy.

(Amy's POV)

Maybe he doesn't know that I'm a princess, I thought hopefully, or maybe he doesn't know my name or- My thoughts were interrupted as Shadow let out a groan of annoyance and punched the nearest tree with the side of his hand.

"Why did you run?" I asked him. It was the only thing I could ask. "Why do you think?" He answered keeping his back to me. "...because your a Dark Angel..?" I said, though I did not have much faith in my answer. "Yeah, sure. Anyway we need to go back to camp, and now we need to be more careful. They'll be sending someone to look for you." Then he turned and headed in the direction of our camp.

I just stood there for a minute, and then let out a sigh. Well he knows, I thought. Although he still treated me the same. I shrugged it off for now and followed after him. I found Shadow at the camp. He was setting up the fire wood for tonight. The sun was going to set in about 30 minutes so I needed to find berries quick. Shadow didn't look at me as I passed through the camp,though I expected as much. I found a nearby bush filled with berries and filled my the basket that I had picked up from camp. I filled it with as I could and hurried back to the campsite, also checking if the berry I had picked was alright to eat. I was required to learn different berries and herbs when I was very small.

(--Flash Back--)

Amy sat on a wooden bench in the training area, and set down her books and herbs. She need to figure out which herb was which. The ones with spikes is a mimic of another one...it has... a yellow tint to it.... She tried to remember the herbs. She sighed and lay on the bench. She turned her head just enough to see her sister, Blaze, training on a dummy.

"Nyah-!" She slashed down her sword, cutting off the wooden arm. Amy had always wished that she could be a warrior instead of studying useless herbs...

(--End--)

But now, I have to give it to my teacher, these herb skills would come on handy. My teacher was a beautiful cat named Kuni Starlight. Her fur was light brown with some white streaks. Her eyes were an icy cold blue. She was only 22 when she mentored me, and she was considered one of the greatest teachers ever. But then, she went missing when I was 11. I wish she would have taught me more...

When I got to the camp Shadow had already set up the fire. The sky was now a dark shade of purple, and the only light came from the rising half-moon and the fire. I sat down where I had sat last night, across from Shadow. Again, he didn't look at me.

The silence was broken when the fire let out a loud crack. "So, your the princess?" He asked, finally look up at her.

"Before I answer, I want to ask you something." I replied. His expression did not change like I thought it would. He didn't look disappointed nor impatient. "Alright." He answered simply. I took a deep breath," Why didn't you hurt me?" I finally asked. I expected him to snap and take me straight to Mephilus. But he just shrugged," I don't know."

"Surely you have a reason!" I said, surprised he hand no answer. He just shrugged again,"No, I don't think so. Now answer my question." I sighed, I really wish he had an answer. It might have put an end to my swirling thoughts. "Yes..." I looked into the fire. I wasn't a liar, and there was no point in lying since he had all of the proof he needed. He didn't say anything after that and went back to staring at the fire. The quietness of the night eventually fell into an awkward silence.