•1•

(TW: possible internalized homophobia, traumatic events, mention of eating disorders, homophobia, mentions of sex and sexualization (possible nsfw), mentions of religious trauma, depression (low self esteem), anxiety, swearing, homophobic slurs, mentions of suicide, mentions of murder, mentions of death)

-Chrissy Cunningham, the queen of Hawkins High, and cheerleader. We use to be friends in middle school, when my mom forced me to do cheer. She made me feel less weird, not like it matters, being a girl who likes girls makes me the schools, uh,
scratch that, the TOWNS, outcast.-

I sigh as I glance one more time at the mirror. Looking once more to make sure I don't look like a mess.
After conferming that I look okay, I grab my bag, and head out.

-Girls don't wanna be around me and guys try to "be the guy who fixes" me, if they don't sexualize the fact that I am gay. -

As I approach the old weathered school, I let out a soft sigh, watching as the students get off/out their busses, bikes, and cars and head inside the green and yellow themed building.

-I love Chrissy, but she's the queen, and I'm just Y/N, the antichrist, the abomination, the outcast. Shes also straight and dating Jason, who she's too good for!-

As I walk through the glass doors of the highschool, people immediately notice me and stare, as if I'm some zoo animal.

- she's sweet, and kind, and cares about those around her, while Jason is an asshole who bullies absolutely everyone who is different from the social norms.-

I finally get to my locker and unlock it with the number I got from the office the other day. Pulling out my schedule, I scan the paper in an attempt to memorize the words and numbers before me.

- she means everything to me, and yet to her, I'm just the gay girl. Jason's new target, and memories she will be forced to forget.-

Folding the paper and putting it in my pocket, I head to the first class. The first day of highschool is always the worst, but when you're openly gay in the 80s, it's the worst day of your life.

I speed walk to my first class, ignoring the glaces and the people avoiding bumping into me, like I've got the bubonic plague. Though I wish I could say I was surprised, I should've known Stacy would talk, she stole my diary from my locker during PE. Just like that, I went from one of the populars to one of the freaks in a matter of seconds. Rumors spread fast in a small town like Hawkins Indiana.

I find a place to sit in the back, hoping to hide from the bullies, mainly Jason. He was the worst, always rubbing it in my face that he was with Chrissy, not that he knows I have feelings for her. If anything he just calls me a satanist, and tells me I'm going to hell. Maybe I am, but I'll be at peace knowing he'll be there, in a place for homophobic assholes.

~ring ring ring~

Everyone takes there seats as the teacher walks in holding a stack of papers.
"Hello class, I am miss tucker, I am your English literature teacher." She pauses as she looks around the room "I suppose we should begin class, im going to take attendance, when I call your name say here!" She states sitting at her desk opening her attendance folder.
One by one she calls out everyone's names, until she lands on mine.
She pauses for a second.
" Y/n, y/l/n?" Miss tucker states reluctantly.

I clear my throat as I slowly raise my hand, "here." I say loud enough for her to hear.

Everyone turns to me, I'm met with many faces, some of disgust, some of shock, others of anger.

"O-of course" she studders over her words for a second.

And just like that she resumed her class.

I can't wait for this year to be over...