Chapter Two: The Renegades Initiative

What do you mean a new threat, do you know what it is, Anne asked.

Well not exactly, no, but there's something else I've been meaning to tell you three, Mr. X revealed.

Well, spit it out!!! The Calamity Trio demanded.

Well, sometime after Frogvasion, we had solid confirmation of another world with intelligent life existing, and well, my division had cases of anomalies dating backs years with some of the earliest recordings being in the 80s, X replied.

And now? Anne asked.

Well, it's increased in the years, but that isn't the concern, what I am saying is, that since Frogvasion...... we have made contact with two other worlds, it actually how we were able to power this portal in the first place, X confirmed.

So, you mean to say that, you already had portal travel, so why make this portal then, Sasha asked.

That's now what I mean, technically they found us, and well long story short, we have a established connection with these worlds, but there is something else, X states.

Frogvasion has shown us one thing, that Earth is severely under utilized for off world threats, and in the years since then, we've opened up older cases of other anomalies, and came to a consensus of putting together a task force, a team of rag tag individuals to fight off these threats, X answered.

Hold on, so in the years since Frogvasion, you somehow ended up making contact with other worlds, supplied you with whatever power source for this portal and also drafting up a team to fight off otherworldy threats, Anne said.

Precisely, and you three are part of this special team, given your experiences with Amphibia, we need that kind of experience on this team, X answered.

Wait, you want us to now be a part of this team your putting together. What name does this team have, might I ask? Marcy curiously asked.

Well, it's called The Renegades Initiative, which is like I said a task force that deals with off world threats, X answered.

The Renegades, seems a little on the nose if you ask me, dramatic much, Sasha asked.

Well, there wasn't a lot of options we had, and really, the name does fit, given how you would operate by your own rules, remember defying the government Ms Boonchuy, X said.

Yeah, yeah, I know, so this team, if we accept being part of it, what's in it for us? Anne asked.

Well, I haven't gotten to that part yet, Mr. X admitted.

So, nothing then, what's the point then, maybe we should leave, Anne suggested.

Wait, wait, you wouldn't turn your back on saving people, would you, X asked.

Well, we need a lot more than what you said to convince us, Anne said.

Well, would you let someone threaten those closest to you, or will you stand up to protect them, I know you did this once Anne, you know I'm right, to stand up to those to fight the battles that we never could, X monologues.

Anne was skeptical, but remembers the words Sprig said to her "Your a hero, an ugly, ugly hero". Mr. X had a point, she wouldn't let someone danger the people she loves, it's what made her become a better person in the end, to stand up and fight.

Anne looks towards Marcy and Sasha, so you think we should partake? Anne asked.

Its your call Boonchuy, Marcy and I are fine either way with what you choose, Sasha ensured.