Chapter Ten: The High Council

Ah, why is my head throbbing, Marco asked.

Yeah, same, my head is killing me, what even happened, Star asked Marco.

Star and Marco see medication on the bedside table and a note, reading:

For The Headache, come outside when ready.

-Signed Luz.

Oh crap, we blacked out again, Star said.

Damn, I though we stopped doing that years ago, but old habits die hard, Marco said.

Right, we should get ready, they're waiting for us, Star said.

After some time for Star and Marco to ready themselves, they go outside.

Well, look who finally showed up, Sasha teases.

Sorry, never thought it would happen again, Star answered.

The Hell do you mean again, it's happened before!!! Mabel asked.

Yeah, sometimes Amity and I are usually there for some of their episodes, its nice they really lock in and sing their hearts out, but sometimes they go a little bit crazy with it, but it doesn't bother us, right Amity? Luz asked.

Yeah, and sometimes Luz and I also do wild stuff and they have to be designated  people for us, so not fully out of character, Amity replied.

Anyways, now that everyone is here, I have good news, Luz said.

The good news is that Eda and Lilith found something that could be vital, Luz announced.

And the bad news, Marcy asked.

Bold to assume there's bad news, Luz remarked.

C'mon, there is always bad news for every piece of good news, Marco said.

Well, unfortunately, there is, Luz said.

Then why would you omit such news, Dipper said.

Yeah, why would you OMIT, such news, Hunter said suspiciously while eyeing Dipper.

Woah, a bit personal, Mabel said to her brother.

Uh, Mabel, Dipper whispered to her.

He might be on to us, he replied.

Onto us? Mabel asked with confusion.

Yesterday, remember, our convo, Dipper reminded Mabel,

Oh right.....oh, RIGHT, he knows, doesn't he? Mabel theorized.

Maybe, but it could be for any variety of other reasons, right? Dipper coped.

Uh, Dipper, Mabel, you've got anything to say? Luz asked.

Oh, sorry, just talking about some trivial things, not important really, Mabel replied.

Hunter side eyes the twins.

Anyways.....the bad news is what was found is in some very ancient text, not a native language to The Boiling Isles, Luz said.

And since we all have likely discovered and understood an ancient or foreign language, the chances are higher with all of us there, Star said.

Yeah, right on the nose with that Star, you sure you aren't using a spell to read minds? Luz asked.

Nah, just sheer luck, no spells, I can guarantee you that, Star answered.