Chapter Eight: A Butterfly's Worth

Tell me again why all of us are out here at the crack of dawn? Mabel asked.

Because , if we're going to stop Cipher, we need to prepare ourselves for anything, and I mean anything, Star replies.

Noted, but counterpoint, why are you not partaking in this, Mabel asked.

Well, I mean.....Star said as she gestures her stomach with life in it.

Right, right, but I've heard from Luz you still participate in active combat during your term, Mabel said.

Well, I have my ways of getting around to doing the most I can while like this and also Marco and I have been at this kind of thing for a couple of years and we still train ourselves every now and again, but even I have my limits while being  pregnant,  Star clarifies.

And shortly after, Star conjures herself up a flying protective bubble, to both observe and navigate alot easier for what she planned for today.

Basically today's timetable was a past time for Star and Marco, inter-dimensional adventures, for some the concept is actually familiar to them, they just don't know that. What one group considers a past time, the others, considers it as life and death, give or take the conditions.

The anticipation was skyrocketing for some, for the concept of exploring other worlds, filled with its own fauna and flora was exciting, especially for one Dipper Pines, ever since that fateful summer vacation, he and his sister always thought, was there more outside the town?

In the years since, the answer was confirmed, but their curiosity grew more ambitious and for a time,  that ambition flatlined, but in recent days it revived with who they're with and what's to come.

Anyways, with nostalgia in control, Star and Marco traversed in a memorable method, Dimensional Scissors, which, to some, is new to their minds, seriously, Star needs to break things down with them, before blowing their minds.

Uh, why do have a pair of scissors on you? Anne asked.

Well, that's how Star and I used to travel around, with dimensional scissors, Marco replied.

Wait, so you two could go anywhere, at will, with easy access!!! Anne shouted.

Yeah, how did you get around? Star asked.

We couldn't. Our way of getting back to Earth was depleted and took nearly 6 months to complete, but another three or four months til we could without any loose ends, Marcy chimed in.

Well, technically for the first couple of weeks, I could traverse back to The Human Realm and The Boiling Isles at will, but I had to destroy my only home so Belos couldn't invade Earth, but after a few more months, another door was made, so I guess the problem naturally solved itself, I think? Luz, chimes in.

Everyone looked to the Pines Twins. Don't look at us, for half the summer, we didn't even know a portal was underneath our town, and it took stealing government property, scamming gullible townsfolk and  a series of unfortunate events for me and Mabel to discover this, Dipper clocks in.

Okay, maybe we should table our true thoughts on slice of life adventures after today, everyone cool with that, Star asked.

Everyone nods in agreement.

Good, let's explore the wonders of the universe, Star said.

Soon enough, the group portaled through to the other side, what lied there, only Star and Marco know. The whole point of this drill was to provide insight into pushing through unpredictable situations, predict the unpredictable, have the impossible become possible.