Chapter Three: There Was An Idea....?

Boonchuy Residence, Los Angeles, California

Anne, are you sure you want to do all this, Mrs. Boonchuy said to her daughter.

Mom, I'm certain, if our world is going to be threatened again, I can't sit by the sidelines doing nothing, Anne replied.

But Anne, you don't have those gem powers anymore and what threat is so dangerous that Mr. X asked you to assemble a team for, Mr. Boonchuy asked.

Well the only I'll know more, is if me, Sasha and Marcy, recruit the other members, and I can handle myself with or without some magical gem fueling me, Anne insisted.

Okay, we won't get in the way, your an adult now, it's your choice now, not ours, if you think this is right, then so be it, Mr and Mrs. Boonchuy replied.

Thanks Mom, Dad for understanding, Anne replied.

*Car honks*

Yo Boonchuy, we don't have all day, you coming or what, Sasha shouted.

I better get going, Anne replied.

Okay, but take some of this for you and your friends, Mrs. Boonchuy insisted.

Anne was given some Thai food for the road.

Okay, see you guys soon, Anne said as she enter the car.

Her parents waves goodbye as Sasha drives off with Anne and Marcy.

Oh honey, what has Mr.X gotten our daughter into, Mrs. Boonchuy said to her husband.

So, what did dear old Mom pack for us, Sasha teased.

Well find out for yourself for when your hungry, Anne replies.

Oh feisty today, aren't you, runs in the family, Sasha teased.

If this is your attempt at trying to flirt with me, your failing horribly, I know you can do better than that, Anne remarked.

Well, I.....Uh, Sasha blushed.

Busted,Waybright, Marcy replied.

Alright calm down, I need to be focused on the road, Sasha asked.

Anne and Marcy compiled with Sasha's demand.

Cues montage of The Calamity Trio driving, while making some unexpected but well worth it stops along the way.

Finally, they arrive at their first stop, Echo Creek, California......or it was about 10 years ago when The Cleaving happened, what lies in place is a very quiet and somewhat deserted town.

Okay, X said the portal was located in a church I think, so Marcy and I will venture through, while you keep on driving to Oregon, Sasha commanded.

Actually, I have second thoughts, I want to go to Oregon, Marcy said.

Well sorry Mar-Mar, the decision is already final, besides I can't exactly leave you alone with my ride, better it to be Anne than you, sorry about that, Sasha hesistantly replied.

Aw shucks, Marcy groaned.

Okay, better head off now, make up for lost time, Anne replied.

Hey Boonchuy, you'll be needing these, Sasha says.

*chucks car keys to Anne*

Right, thanks for that, Anne responded.