Crisis 1

"You can't be serious!" a tall and athletic woman said angrily and slapped the table with her palm. But, without meaning to, she put too much strength into it and the long and luxurious conference table was smashed to bits making everyone else back away startled.

"Your reaction just now proves my point," Superman said. "I don't know what happened but there is clearly something wrong with you. Over the past two weeks, you've been distracted, made mistakes you wouldn't make normally and you've become very quick to anger too. Today you broke the arm of that robber and then lassoed him and dragged him on the ground to the police station."

"Now that was funny. It was like a scene out of a Wild West movie!" Flash piped up and laughed but he was the only one laughing. Noticing the glares everyone was directed at him, he swiftly shut up.

"Until you get a grip of yourself, it's best you take a break. I don't want you hurting someone for real or worse." Superman said.

Green Lantern also added:

"You're not in control of your emotions, princess. Losing control in the field could spell disaster both for us and for other people. Superman is right. Take some time and rest. Besides, someone has to stay behind and keep an eye on the alien mercenary and his fox."

Martian Manhunter suddenly called them from the control room of the Watchtower:

"Everyone, Lex Luthor is on the move. He had stolen valuable pieces of technology from Star Labs. We have to move fast and intercept him."

At the Martian's call, everyone rushed out of the conference room except for Wonder Woman. She let herself drop on the chair and with her elbows on her knees, she buried her face in her palms. She let out a deep sigh. Out of habit, an exclamation came out of her mouth:

"Great Hera!"

But after realizing what she said she gnashed her teeth and, standing up, she kicked her chair into the opposite side of the room.

"Ah, I see. Anger management issues." a deep voice was heard from the entrance of the room and a chortle followed.

Turning around, she saw a small fox cub in the doorway with his fluffy nine tails wagging lazily behind him. She pinched the bridge of her nose and took in a deep breath before exhaling out loud, attempting to calm herself down.

Just then, a man in a wheelchair came from behind and picked the fox cub from the scruff of his neck as if he was a cat and put him in his lap.

"Don't tease the poor girl, Kurama."

It was Naruto. A bit over three weeks passed since the Psions' annihilation and by now, with Doctor Fate's help, all the infected natural energy had been expelled from his chakra pool and his body had reverted to normal. He was only left with a temporary feeling of weakness. In his books, he considered himself fine - nothing that a few dozen bowls of ramen could not fix - but the sorcerer insisted that he did not do any effort for a few more days, not even walking until he fully recovered.

"Is there something you need?" Wonder Woman said stiffly.

"I was on my way to grab some food from the kitchen for Kurama when I heard you guys arguing. Problems in Paradise?"

"They grounded her," Kyuubi said and snickered like a hyena. "Naughty girls get sent to their rooms."

Naruto involuntarily sniggered too but he quickly tried to mask it with a fake cough when he saw the woman's eyes almost spewing fire from how hard she was glaring.

"Why? What did you do?"

Seeing her refusing to answer, Naruto shrugged and turned his wheelchair around.